Luis Suarez threatened again for Barca two minutes later with an angled shot that went wide of the far post after Messi played him in on the right, before Coutinho drove at goal shortly afterwards and fired straight at Lloris from 20 yards out.
Kane has been prolific for Tottenham over the last four years, but he admits he needs to become even more ruthless with his finishing to approach the jaw-dropping statistics compiled by the Argentina forward.
'If Moura scores the third goal we talk about heroes and the manager is the best in the world'. "It will be tough because we've got to win the games".
And to achieve that goal, they will need England captain Kane at his lethal best.
Barca have wobbled domestically of late, with two draws and a defeat, to bottom side Leganes, in their last three matches.
Yet Tottenham fell behind after returning goalkeeper Lloris, playing for the first time since being convicted for drink driving, made an bad mistake for Barcelona's opener by rushing out of his goal while full-back Kieran Trippier was also deceived by Messi's brilliant pass in the build-up. Once again, an English side were given a masterclass in creating and finishing by this little Argentine wizard, who stands alongside Pelé and Diego Maradona as the greatest of all time.
Indonesia searches for survivors after devastating quake, tsunami
A World Vision New Zealand spokesperson, Tilly Redstone, said all its people in Indonesia had been accounted for and were okay. Indonesian TV showed a smartphone video of a powerful wave hitting Palu , with people screaming and running in fear.
He scored one on that occasion, but he made it two against Spurs by burying a chance following another Suarez dummy in the 90th minute.
'We are a team that needed to win and to concede [so early] the plan was destroyed.
If you didn't catch Barcelona's opener against Spurs tonight, check it out below.
"It is a period when we are not having good luck with injuries", Pochettino said. "I am going to say to the players: 'Enjoy playing against Messi.' This is the type of player that you are going to remember".
"We are not victims though".
"It's so hard after this for the team to feel confident to play".
- Supply managed farmers to get compensation as a result of trade deal
- One and not done: Brews-Cubs, Rockies-Dodgers in tiebreakers
- Former Valencia star Pablo Hernandez predicts loss for Manchester United
- Kavanaugh FBI Investigation Could Be Done Soon
- National League Wild Card Game: Rockies vs Cubs
- Trump's Tight Labor Market Drives $15 Wage Hikes for Amazon Workers
- Hundreds of prisoners escape during deadly quake & tsunami in Indonesia
- North and South Korea removing landmines along border
- Kavanaugh investigation: FBI 'hasn't spoken to Christine Blasey Ford'
- Tottenham Lose Key Men Ahead Of Barcelona Clash