Pochettino's famous demands on his players will be put to the test again at Wembley with the Argentine expecting maximum effort to stop his compatriot Messi who scored a hat-trick in Barca's 4-0 win over PSV last month.
Tottenham, the only team in the Premier League to miss out on signing even a single player in the summer, are scheduled to take on Spanish giants Barcelona in the Champions League on Wednesday. "50-60 goals a season, as a striker I want to try to match that and do the same".
Young centre-back Juan Foyth and winger Georges-Kevin Nkoudou trained with the squad but are unable to face Barcelona because they have not been registered in Tottenham's squad for the Champions League group stage.
"He's definitely set the standard for the rest of us".
Pochettino played for Espanyol when Messi made his first-team debut the previous year but said: "Messi would start to become a great player but, in the moment that he made his debut, it was another youngster that had arrived to the Barcelona team from the academy". "He's still scoring goals as well and it motivates me as well to score as many and if not more than him one day".
Tropical Storm Rosa nears Mexico’s Baja California coast
Rain is expected to begin Sunday afternoon in southeastern California and Arizona, where 2-4 inches is likely to fall. Moisture from Hurricane Rosa will lead to the possibility of record rainfall and flash flooding next week .
Tottenham are facing a mounting injury crisis as they'll be without a number of key players for Wednesday night's Champions League clash with Barcelona.
Spurs lost their opening game away to Inter Milan at the San Siro as the hosts came from behind late on to win 2-1.
"Leo is fantastic and we want to prevent him from continuing to break records".
Barcelona coach, Ernesto Valverde will be without defender, Sergi Roberto, who sustained an injury against Athletic, while Samuel Umtiti is both injured and suspended.
- Trump asks FBI to probe claims against Kavanaugh
- Relax, the Real Fed-Funds Rate Is Still Zero
- Optimism mounts for an imminent NAFTA deal
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey Is Playable Right Through Chrome, If Google Picks You
- Lionel Messi & Sergio Busquets benching best for Barcelona, claims Ernesto Valverde
- Indonesia searches for survivors after devastating quake, tsunami
- Former Valencia star Pablo Hernandez predicts loss for Manchester United
- Mourinho slams players as West Ham twist the knife
- Cardi B turns herself in to police, charged with endangerment and assault
- McConnell says senators will get Federal Bureau of Investigation report on Kavanaugh