That decision to abstain from the match last Tuesday was the reason why he did not feature at the London Stadium on Saturday afternoon, and with Diogo Dalot performing well against Young Boys in the Champions League and in that League Cup defeat to Derby, he could be selected ahead of the 32-year-old tonight against his namesake club, Valencia.
Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho has made it clear that his job at Old Trafford is not in jeopardy despite recent poor performance this season in the Premier League. "The leaders need to be on the pitch".
Until somebody who was a big professional player says he was a dishonest player, I will always believe the players.
"I don't think you can resolve something with talking", he said.
While the majority of match-going United supporters have remained fully behind Mourinho, and he has praised them for their support, that tide is turning and home games with Valencia and Newcastle are considered vital ahead of the worldwide break.
Typhoon Trami packing 202km/h winds in Japan
East Japan Railway stopped all train services in and around Tokyo at 8:00 pm, shortly before the typhoon hit the Japanese capital. Japan issued evacuation orders and warnings to about 700,000 households in southern and western Japan.
"I see different actions but what you see is not really inside. Sometimes it can help, but the most important is on the pitch".
"We're not scared to play".
While the Paul Pogba debacle has earned most of the headlines, there's said to be a major divide in the squad since the public grievances were aired between the France worldwide and the former Chelsea boss.
We play football but everyone is trying to win, especially against Manchester United.
- Chicago Cubs vs. Colorado Rockies in NL Wild Card Game
- Indonesia searches for survivors after devastating quake, tsunami
- Cardi B turns herself in to police, charged with endangerment and assault
- Trump asks FBI to probe claims against Kavanaugh
- One and not done: Brews-Cubs, Rockies-Dodgers in tiebreakers
- Optimism mounts for an imminent NAFTA deal
- Lindsay Lohan accused of trying to kidnap refugee children in Instagram livestream
- CDC Report Shows Over 80,000 Flu-Related Deaths In US Last Winter
- Australian TV chief quits after demanding journalist be sacked for upsetting PM
- Mourinho slams players as West Ham twist the knife