The general manager of a Chicago bar that caters to Wisconsin teams described the tension between Milwaukee Brewers and Chicago Cubs fans as a sibling rivalry, and there were plenty of fans in and around Wrigley Field Monday, Oct. 1 - as the Brewers won the division, beating the Cubs 3-1.
Jon Lester is expected to start for Chicago.
The victor travels to Milwaukee to take on the Brewers in a best-of-five division series beginning Thursday on cable's FS1 at a time to be determined. The Rockies lost to the Dodgers.
Nationally, according to Nielsen's overnight ratings of the metered markets, the twin National League tiebreakers of Cubs-Brewers and Dodgers-Rockies scored ESPN's two highest-rated MLB regular-season afternoon telecasts in 20 years.
Tropical Storm Rosa nears Mexico’s Baja California coast
Rain is expected to begin Sunday afternoon in southeastern California and Arizona, where 2-4 inches is likely to fall. Moisture from Hurricane Rosa will lead to the possibility of record rainfall and flash flooding next week .
The losers will be relegated to the Wild Card game, while the winners will be crowned division champions and get a few more days off before the best-of-five postseason starts later in the week. First pitch is 3:15 p.m. on FS1.
This will be the fourth time Lester has pitched in a "Win or Go Home" game in his playoff career and his second with the Cubs, although this will be his first start. Arenado led the National League in home runs with 38 while Story was just one behind with 37. Kyle Freeland will take the mound for Colorado. "Nobody wants to hear it", outfielder Carlos Gonzalez said Sunday, after Colorado routed Washington 12-0.
- Lionel Messi & Sergio Busquets benching best for Barcelona, claims Ernesto Valverde
- Hundreds of prisoners escape during deadly quake & tsunami in Indonesia
- Australian TV chief quits after demanding journalist be sacked for upsetting PM
- Trump asks FBI to probe claims against Kavanaugh
- Indonesia searches for survivors after devastating quake, tsunami
- Supply managed farmers to get compensation as a result of trade deal
- Optimism mounts for an imminent NAFTA deal
- North and South Korea removing landmines along border
- Aaron Ramsey's contract talks with Arsenal collapse with no offer on table
- Iranian President Urges EU’s Practical Measures to Save JCPOA