Le'Veon Bell reportedly plans to return to the Pittsburgh Steelers by Week 7, which would give the team approximately a week to work out a possible deal before the NFL's trade deadline. I don't know if everything Bell told Fowler was just lip service and an attempt to rally disgruntled fans back to him but it is hard to imagine Bell and the Steelers being able to fix the damage in this relationship. But, if a report from the NFL Network's Ian Rappoport is to be believed, we now have an idea of what the Steelers might be asking. If Bell reports to the Steelers midway through this season, his transition tag salary for next season could be as low as $9.24 million.
Bell told ESPN that he still hopes to play with the Steelers beyond this season.
Citing a source, ESPN reported Monday that Bell will join the Steelers during their bye, which starts after they play the Cincinnati Bengals on October 14. Seattle balked at trade offers that didn't include a second-round pick for the talented safety, and now no one will get compensation of any kind for an injured player. Philadelphia dealt for running back Jay Ajayi a year ago, but he is a pending free agent and is dealing with a back injury, while the backfield has suffered from other injuries as well. His replacement, James Conner, had 135 yards rushing and two touchdowns in the opening week, but he has gained a combined 97 yards on 32 carries in the past three games.
Earl Thomas gestures towards the Seattle Seahawks bench after being injured
The Seahawks' star defensive back suffered a fractured leg in today's win over Arizona.
"If he doesn't come, then he's not a team player". Not almost as bad as a ligament tear would've been.
It appears to be anyone's guess as to where Bell is going to be playing moving forward.
Senate panel receives new Kavanaugh allegations
Republicans plan to vote on Kavanaugh less than 24 hours later on Friday, though that could be postponed . Swetnick claimed she was gang raped and that Kavanugh was present at the time.
- Arsenal boss Emery happy with 2-goal Welbeck: Contract talks?
- Five reasons Liverpool will tear apart Chelsea on Saturday
- Kavanaugh FBI Investigation Could Be Done Soon
- Australian TV chief quits after demanding journalist be sacked for upsetting PM
- CDC Report Shows Over 80,000 Flu-Related Deaths In US Last Winter
- Tropical Storm Rosa nears Mexico’s Baja California coast
- Mourinho slams players as West Ham twist the knife
- How The FBI Will Investigate The Brett Kavanaugh Allegations
- Iranian President Urges EU’s Practical Measures to Save JCPOA
- Supply managed farmers to get compensation as a result of trade deal