The Cubs then won their second straight World Series title before enduring a championship drought that cruised past a century before they won it all again in 2016.
The tiebreaker losers play Tuesday at the NL Central's site to determine who advances. That pressure-packed matchup will also include the loser of the Dodgers-Rockies tiebreaker, which starts at 3:09 p.m. Monday.
Arenado homered twice and Charlie Blackmon hit for the cycle as the Rockies roughed up Washington 12-0. The victor will also receive home-field advantage against the NL East champion Atlanta Braves in the National League Division Series. Chicago hosts Milwaukee on Monday afternoon, and the victor gets a spot in the division series and home-field advantage throughout the NL playoffs.
How The FBI Will Investigate The Brett Kavanaugh Allegations
The poll found that 42 percent of adults said they believed the accusations, including about the same number of men and women. The source noted that it was not a final list and that they were leaving open the possibility of additional witnesses.
Walker Buehler was set to start for the Dodgers Monday, while German Marquez was slated to get the ball for the Rockies. The victor will clinch the division title, a spot in the National League Division Series and home-field advantage throughout the playoffs, while the loser will play in the NL Wild Game Game on Tuesday night.
Allen Webster (1-0), the first of eight Chicago relievers after Mike Montgomery was pulled in the third, got two outs for the win. He is hitting.323, giving him a huge lead in the batting race.
Tickets for the Cubs-Brewers tiebreaker go on sale online at 7:30 p.m. Sunday night. The last NL player to win the Triple Crown was Joe Medwick in 1937 for the Cardinals.
Aguilar hit his 35th homer, connecting in the fourth off Spencer Turnbull (0-2). Jason Heyward added an RBI single.
- Mourinho slams players as West Ham twist the knife
- Typhoon Trami packing 202km/h winds in Japan
- Senate panel receives new Kavanaugh allegations
- Search for Maddox Ritch comes to tragic end
- Senate Judiciary Committee Votes On Brett Kavanaugh's Supreme Court Nomination
- Sturridge Scores Late Stunner To Salvage Point
- Arsenal boss Emery happy with 2-goal Welbeck: Contract talks?
- Indonesia searches for survivors after devastating quake, tsunami
- Some GOP governors call for delay on Kavanaugh vote
- Iranian President Urges EU’s Practical Measures to Save JCPOA