The Air Niugini plane hit the water short of the runway while trying to land at Chuuk Island in the Federated States of Micronesia, according to the airline.
Air Niugini is Papua New Guinea's leading airline and flies to over 30 destinations both nationally and internationally.
In the pictures the aircraft is partially submerged, but has not sunk.
An Air Niugini passenger plane was sinking in the ocean on September 28 after the plane landed before reaching the air strip at Chuuk Airport in Micronesia.
36 passengers and 11 crew members were rescued by small boats and taken to hospital.
The accident happened in the tiny Pacific island nation of Micronesia.
"No serious injuries. Only minor".
Former Miss India Tanushree Dutta accuses Nana Patekar of harassment
Incidentally, Nana denied the allegations levelled against him then, saying that Tanushree was like his daughter. The 34-year-old actress has alleged that veteran actor, Nana Patekar is a sexual harasser.
In 2013, all 101 passengers aboard a Lion Air flight that overshot the runway at Denpasar in Indonesia and landed in shallow water were similarly rescued by boats without casualties.
Passengers could be seen being picked up in small boats, the BBC reported.
Papua New Guinea officials say investigators from the country will head to Micronesia.
He said the cause of the crash was unclear.
Emilio said the plane, flying from Port Moresby, overshot the landing at around 9.30am local time, ending up in the lagoon around 160 metres from the runway.
"I thought we landed hard until I looked over and saw a hole in the side of the plane and water was coming in", passenger Bill Jaynes said in a video posted by the Pacific Daily News website.
- Bill Cosby Deemed 'Sexually Violent Predator' by Judge
- Prosecutor to Ford: I'm 'Very Sorry' You Feel 'Terrified'
- Everson Griffen in hospital following hotel incident
- China's Foreign Minister rejects claim of Chinese meddling in upcoming United States election
- 5 questions after reading the Rod Rosenstein bombshell report
- Fortnite High Stakes and v5.40 update delayed over controller bug
- Yale Students Protest Kavanaugh Confirmation Process | Connecticut Public Radio
- Russian Federation to provide Syria with new S-300 air defense missiles
- Vintage Federer again dazzles Kyrgios at the Laver Cup
- Trump assails Boulder woman accusing Kavanaugh: ‘She admits that she was drunk’