"With Oculus Quest, we will finish our first generation of Oculus products", said Zuckerberg. Oculus has also brought the Guardian System from the Rift for displaying wall and floor markers so you don't hurt yourself while moving around. There will be roughly 50 titles available at launch to leverage the power of the Oculus Touch, including Robo Recall and The Climb (which is a climbing simulator). That standalone VR headset is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 processor with 3GB of RAM. While Facebook didn't reveal many more details about the launch lineup beyond that, it did confirm the device will support older Oculus games as well.
Thanks to four ultra-wide angle sensors built into the front corners of the headset - known officially as Oculus Insight - computer algorithms will be able to track your position in the real world without the need for any external sensors.
China Rules Out New Talks with United States to Resolve Trade Dispute
The Chinese government had given no public indication whether it would accept the invitation. The price rise is notably caused by a recent drop in Iran's supply because of USA sanctions .
Nevertheless, the Santa Cruz demo from last year's show was impressive. The Quest also comes with touch controllers, much like the Rift, giving you the tools you need to game in virtual reality.
New features are being added, including hundreds of new items and decor to use in your Home. Resolution on the Oculus Go is listed as 2560×1440 (1280×1440 per eye), which would make the Oculus Quest superior to either the Rift or the Go. "I'm confident we'll get there". It also has built-in speakers but with deeper bass than that of the Go. On top of that, Oculus Venues is adding more live music, more movie marathons, and more standup comedy, plus you'll now be able to watch select National Basketball Association games in Venues later this year. No wires, no connected laptops or phones, just a headset, and two controllers... that's the dream that the Oculus Quest promises. The Oculus VR platform requires expertise that most enterprises don't have at the ready, and businesses are tasked with finding enough use cases to warrant investment.
- OPEC, Russia rebuff Trump's call for immediate boost to oil output
- Jack Ma says 1m U.S. jobs promise no longer feasible
- Bill Cosby Deemed 'Sexually Violent Predator' by Judge
- The Jimmy Butler sweepstakes escalate with quick deadline
- Rafale-deal: Hollande's bombshell catches BJP in crossfire, opposition strengthens attack
- USA crude stockpiles fall for a fifth week to 2015 lows
- 5 questions after reading the Rod Rosenstein bombshell report
- Tiger Woods Reacts To His First PGA Tour Win Since 2013
- Fred admits mixed emotions after first Man Utd goal
- West Ham boss Pellegrini: Yarmolenko proved himself Premier League class