This is the eighth League Cup meeting between Liverpool and Chelsea and the first at the third round stage since November 2000, when the Reds won 2-1 at Anfield with goals from Danny Murphy and Robbie Fowler.
Following their appointment of Sarri over the summer as successor to Antonio Conte, Chelsea have have taken 16 points from a possible 18 in the Premier League so far this term - two fewer than leaders Liverpool.
"He trains fantastic and he deserves this game. They're playing a good style, with forward players who are exceptional, and because of that I think they're a real threat".
The more important clash is the Premier League head-to-head on Saturday, so it would appear that this would be the flawless time for numerous first-choice players to be rested. We want to try to win all our games and we will take it seriously.
5 questions after reading the Rod Rosenstein bombshell report
Bromwich, a lawyer for McCabe, told the Times his client "has no knowledge of how any member of the media obtained those memos". Rosenstein responded to the story in a statement: "The New York Times's story is inaccurate and factually incorrect ".
Neither side will want to lose but I just think the depth of Liverpool this season will be what sees them through to victory at Anfield.
Klopp said Chelsea are realistic title contenders and is surprised they are not being tipped more widely. "I didn't speak to him [yet] today so we will see how he comes here today and then we'll make a decision about him". He can come in, provide one of the midfielders with a break until the weekend, and also provide Klopp with the skill the team needs to go through to the 4th round.
Yet, with such a massive chasm between the Premier League's top six and the rest of the Premier League, teams should be looking to win silverware by focusing more attention on the Carabao Cup.
Hazard has scored five times in six appearances this season. As you play, you get more experiences, at a high level for a long time, you get better and learn how to use your abilities in a more efficient way. "I don't get the likes of Newcastle at Forest, nearly handing the tie to Forest because they didn't want to be in it. Teams that are going to be solid in the Premier League should be going for that".
"What a manager he is, I'm a supporter of him since I saw them playing in Naples, outstanding football", he said.
- Tom Thibodeau Says Minnesota Won't 'Make A Bad Deal' For Jimmy Butler
- Man charged after Spanish golfer found dead on Iowa golf course
- Russian Federation to provide Syria with new S-300 air defense missiles
- Instagram founders clash with Zuckerberg, leave Facebook
- Rob Gronkowski Confirms That He Threatened Retirement Over Trade To Lions
- Joshua overpowers Povetkin to retain world heavyweight titles
- West Ham boss Pellegrini: Yarmolenko proved himself Premier League class
- Police chief fires cop who gunned down neighbor after entering wrong apartment
- Tiger Woods Reacts To His First PGA Tour Win Since 2013
- White House: 'Significant Progress' on Puerto Rico Year After Hurricane