Stars weighed in on Twitter after Bill Cosby was sentenced Tuesday to three to 10 years in state prison for drugging and sexually assaulting a woman over a decade ago.
Under that designation, Cosby will have to undergo monthly counselling and register as a sex offender with police for the rest of his life.
- Community notification: Law enforcement must notify the community - neighbors, county children and youth agencies, local day care centers, school districts and institutions of higher education - that the person is a sexually violent offender and provide his address, offense and photograph.
Minutes earlier, Constand left court with her arms folded, a smile spreading across her face as other women who have accused Cosby came to hug her.
Cosby's sentencing comes five months after he was convicted of giving the accuser pills before he assaulted her at his Philadelphia residence.
"It is time for justice, Mr. Cosby, this has all circled back to you", O'Neill said in court.
Cosby cemented his family-friendly reputation playing the affable Dr. Cliff Huxtable in the 1980s television comedy "The Cosby Show".
He said: "He was good at hiding this for a long time".
Cosby did not make any statement before sentencing.
But a state psychologist, Kristen Dudley, said that Cosby seemed to have a personality disorder that pushed him toward initiating nonconsensual sex and that she did not believe the disorder had faded with age.
Aadhaar: India Supreme Court upholds controversial biometric database
Till now the Centre has issued 139 notification, catering to various day-to-day activities, making linking Aadhaar mandatory. The apex court added that CBSE, NEET, UGC can not make Aadhaar mandatory, also not compulsory for school admissions.
Ms Constand, 45, became friends with Cosby while coaching a women's basketball team where he had been a major supporter and donor. The defense wanted Cosby sent home on house arrest.
During the sentencing hearing, which began on Monday in the US, Judge O'Neill heard from both the defense and the prosecution, as well as testimony and victim impact statements from the women, who have accused Cosby.
Cosby was escorted out of the courtroom in handcuffs as he held onto his walking cane following the sentencing.
Constand, who once thought of Cosby as her "mentor", was the first woman to publicly accuse the entertainer of sexual assault.
Cosby has been on house arrest-not waiting in jail where he belongs-since his conviction in April of this year.
The sentence was delivered after Cosby had been ruled a "sexually violent predator".
As the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania pointed out in their sentencing memorandum asking for the maximum prison time, "These assaults spanned decades and demonstrate an ingrained pattern of criminality".
She said she now lives alone with her two dogs and has trouble trusting people.
"When the sexual assault happened, I was a young woman brimming with confidence and looking forward to a future bright with possibilities".
JULY: U.S. Judge Eduardo Robreno grants the AP's motion, saying "the stark contrast between Bill Cosby, the public moralist and Bill Cosby, the subject of serious allegations concerning improper (and perhaps criminal) conduct, is a matter as to which the AP - and by extension the public - has a significant interest". He remained a Hollywood A-lister for much of the next half-century.
- Man charged after Spanish golfer found dead on Iowa golf course
- Amazon Alexa-powered microwave hands-on
- Rafale-deal: Hollande's bombshell catches BJP in crossfire, opposition strengthens attack
- Bishop Franco Mulakkal likely to be arrested
- Chelsea drop first points with 0-0 draw at West Ham
- Allegri says Cristano Ronaldo has 'nothing to prove' at Juventus
- AC Milan, Arsenal, Chelsea headline 48 Europa League teams
- Trump says Brett Kavanaugh accusations 'totally political'
- China Rules Out New Talks with United States to Resolve Trade Dispute
- Tiger Woods Reacts To His First PGA Tour Win Since 2013