No matter what happens with Butler, Minnesota will have one of the league's top young talents under contract for the foreseeable future.
It had been a tumultuous team-up for Butler to say the least.
"Per a source close to Butler, he's open to the idea of moving on from the Timberwolves to play alongside James in Los Angeles".
The question now is how long it takes Minnesota to move on from Butler. If Thibodeau is destined to be fired at season's end, those familiar with this thinking say, he'd rather do so by reaching the playoffs for a second straight year with the benefit of Butler on the roster.
"He also wants to have influence".
With the nature of public trade demands, it is tough to sort out what is true.
Dam breach retires power plant in North Carolina
It has been a little more than a year since Hurricane Harvey dumped trillions of gallons of water on Texas and the U.S. Duke reported a second concerning incident involving a coal ash landfill at the site in the aftermath of Florence .
No matter what eventually happens with Jimmy Butler regarding his impending trade from the Minnesota Timberwolves, the Miami Heat again have become part of speculation regarding the next big thing in the National Basketball Association.
Towns' willingness to finally sign his max deal means that he nearly certainly has been assured he's never going to have to see Butler in the Wolves' locker room ever again. But Butler hasn't been traded yet, so all that would have made for some interesting scenes if the two had seen each other at media day.
The Heat will certainly hope that any deal between the two teams includes Hassan Whiteside, who is on a huge contract that they are desperate to ship.
But trading for Butler now does bring potential benefits to each, too. It would come as no surprise if this process plays out in a similar fashion to how the Kawhi Leonard saga ended, with Butler going to a team not on his list of preferred destinations.
Butler has requested a trade from Minnesota after spending just one season there. Now the most prominent player of the group wants out.
Everyone knows what Butler can do on the court. Butler's arrival helped guide the T-Wolves to a 47-35 season, which was their highest win total since 2003-04.
- Trump says women support Kavanaugh despite sex assault allegation
- Joshua overpowers Povetkin to retain world heavyweight titles
- White House: 'Significant Progress' on Puerto Rico Year After Hurricane
- Amazon Alexa-powered microwave hands-on
- "America's Got Talent" crowns new champion
- Tiger Woods Reacts To His First PGA Tour Win Since 2013
- Rob Gronkowski Confirms That He Threatened Retirement Over Trade To Lions
- IPhone Xs MAX Durability Test - How weak is the big iPhone?
- Chelsea drop first points with 0-0 draw at West Ham
- USA crude stockpiles fall for a fifth week to 2015 lows