On Thursday, Hall said she did not want to risk interfering with a criminal investigation by making a decision about Guyger's employment. She was arrested three days later. During a community meeting, Chief U. Reneé Hall had said that she could not fire Guyger because of "federal, state, and local laws ... civil service laws", although WFAA found that department policy appeared to contradict that statement.
Jean family attorneys and protesters have been calling for her to be fired since the shooting.
Guyger had been suspended without pay pending the outcome of the DPD investigation.
West Ham boss Pellegrini: Yarmolenko proved himself Premier League class
Yarmolenko seems to get it. "I think Marko played very well against Everton and we hope he will have recovered for the next game". Their start has been good with lots of good moments in their games, and other moments like in their last match against West Ham.
When she put her key in the apartment door, which was unlocked and slightly ajar, it opened, the affidavit said. Attorneys for Jean's family had also criticized the chief for keeping Guyger on the force. Inside, the lights were off, and she saw a figure in the darkness that cast a large silhouette across the room, according to the officer's account.
Guyger was hired in November 2013 and assigned the Southeast Patrol Division.
Demonstrators march around AT&T Stadium ahead of a September 16 Dallas Cowboys game to protest the recent killings of two black men by law enforcement.
Officials said a grand jury will hear the case.
The Dallas County medical examiner's office said Jean died of a gunshot wound to the chest and abdomen.
- Trump says Brett Kavanaugh accusations 'totally political'
- Unai Emery gives injury update on Lucas Torreira ahead of Everton clash
- Allegri says Cristano Ronaldo has 'nothing to prove' at Juventus
- Dam breach retires power plant in North Carolina
- 5 questions after reading the Rod Rosenstein bombshell report
- Man charged after Spanish golfer found dead on Iowa golf course
- Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein expects to be fired
- IPhone Xs MAX Durability Test - How weak is the big iPhone?
- Joshua overpowers Povetkin to retain world heavyweight titles
- OPEC, Russia rebuff Trump's call for immediate boost to oil output