The visitors bagged a consolation goal two minutes later as Lichtsteiner went from hero to zero after giving the ball away on the edge of the box, allowing Volodymyr Chesnakov to pounce and fire past Leno. "Second is working tactically to be more compact".
'We have to improve and try to fight not to concede a goal like we did in the last minute.
Arsenal's next opponents are Everton, another team that have struggled defensively so far, and they will be hoping Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang can take advantage of that weakness, especially after the striker rediscovered his scoring form with two goals against Vorskla. The Uruguayan global was impressive and I'd like to see him keep his place but I don't think Emery will risk him. "To do one work collectively to give them the best possibilities in the attacking moment to score".
The other English club side playing in this year's Europa competition, Chelsea also got off to a winning start, thanks to a goal from Brazilian Willian in a 1-0 win over Greek side PAOK Salonika.
"That's not my first idea".
All storm signals lifted as Typhoon 'Ompong' moves farther from PH
Hong Kong residents were being told to stay away from the coastline and be on alert for occasional gales. Dozens of residents sought shelter there during the storm Saturday despite warnings it was risky .
Torreira is yet to start a Premier League game for the Gunners, but has impressed in his substitute cameos and was in similarly sharp form at Emirates Stadium on Thursday. "With Leno we are very happy, he played his first match in the first team", Emery told Sky Sports News.
Asked if he had been frustrated at being made to wait to make his debut, Leno replied: "Of course, because I came to the club to play every game".
"We need, because we are going to play a lot of matches in the next weeks, players with confidence", Emery said. "I will work every day hard to play more games".
Arsenal could be without star forward Henrikh Mkhitaryan for Sunday's clash with Everton as the Armenian picked up an ankle injury during the Gunners' win over Vorskla on Thursday.
- Jimmy Butler requests trade from Timberwolves
- Trump says women support Kavanaugh despite sex assault allegation
- Kavanaugh denies allegation anew, arrives at White House
- Trump suggested Sahara wall to stem migrants
- Suge Knight to be sentenced to 28 years in prison
- Senate candidates Cruz, O'Rourke square off in fractious debate
- Antonio Brown a no-show on Monday as wheels coming off in Pittsburgh
- Lionel Messi is the Champions League's hat-trick king
- Moon Jae-in lands in North Korea with agenda - ‘irreversible, permanent peace’
- Korea summit economic pledge raises sanctions-busting fears