Carter was ran over when Suge Knight tried to speed out of the parking lot at Tam's Burgers in Compton where a portion of the movie was being shot.
TMZ reports Knight plead no contest to a charge of voluntary manslaughter, for which he will serve a total of 28 years.
As part of the agreement the murder charges against him will be dismissed by prosecutors, along with the separate criminal cases charging him with robbery and making criminal threats. The second man, Cle "Bone" Sloan, was left with a badly mangled left foot and head injuries. Knight reportedly fled the scene of the incident before authorities arrived.
Knight's attorney, Al DeBlanc, first contacted the Los Angeles County district attorney's office about a possible plea deal Wednesday, according to Lillian Carter, the victim's wife. He spoke only to answer a series of questions from Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Ronald Coen.
Samsung's Galaxy A7 sports company's first triple camera
The Galaxy A7 not only boasts of an impressive triple lens system, but also comes with an attractive design as well. Created to make life more convenient, the Galaxy A7 comes with Bixby4, Samsung Pay5 and Samsung Health.
The rap mogul, whose label once listed Dr Dre, Tupac Shakur and Snoop Dogg, pleaded no contest to voluntary manslaughter in exchange for the prison term. He admits he's incredibly concerned about his dad's health, but says Suge's a fighter. and he's always going to be alright.
Knight was the one driving the vehicle the night that Shakur was murdered in a drive-by shooting in 1996. The Death Row founder will be credited time served for the 3 1/2 years he spent in jail leading up to his sentencing.
The following year, a federal racketeering probe of Knight and his record label, stemming from allegations of murder, drug trafficking, money laundering and gun running, was closed with the company pleading guilty to misdemeanor tax charges.
- OPEC sees global oil supply as robust
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic: Swedish striker scores 500th career goal in style
- Antonio Brown a no-show on Monday as wheels coming off in Pittsburgh
- Patriots release Corey Coleman to make room for Josh Gordon
- Maroon 5 To Play Super Bowl Halftime 2019
- Meghan Markle's Mom Doria Attends Kensington Palace Event Celebrating Duchess's Cookbook Release
- Moon Jae-in lands in North Korea with agenda - ‘irreversible, permanent peace’
- Kavanaugh denies allegation anew, arrives at White House
- Trump Says Brett Kavanaugh 'Does Not Deserve This'
- North Korea's Kim Jong Un Says He Will Visit Seoul