A move from the back nearly led to Sterling giving City the lead but a minute later, Lyon went ahead when a cross from the left was not dealt with by Fabian Delph and Cornet sent a half-volley into the bottom corner from a tight angle.
Using their data, we can reveal the estimated values of every player in the current City squad, and it is an incredible list.
Fekir, who was strongly linked with a move to City's Premier League rivals Liverpool in the close season, then made it 2-0 to the French side in the 43rd minute, bursting clear and beating Ederson with a low drive after Fernandinho had given up possession in midfield.
Obviously, when things happen you have to make decisions - and sometimes you don't have time to make decisions.
"We didn't feel the flow around the team", said Arteta.
Guardiola will not be allowed any contact with his players or backroom staff inside the Etihad Stadium and will have to watch from the stands as City bid to make a winning start in Group F.
Patriots release Corey Coleman to make room for Josh Gordon
The 49ers made calls about Browns wide receiver Josh Gordon after Cleveland announced Saturday they'd be releasing him Monday. Cleveland's preference had been to trade Gordon to an NFC team, a source told Schefter on Sunday.
The Manchester club faces Cardiff City next on Saturday.
"I don't think [it was a problem], we worked the last two days, focusing with him", he said.
Bernardo Silva gave the hosts a lifeline after being picked out by Leroy Sane, but City - lacklustre for long spells - were unable to avoid a first defeat of the season. "We would have taken 2-2 before the match but given the way the game went we'd have been disappointed not to leave with the three points".
Arteta claimed his side's reaction in the second half was superb, not an adjective that many Mancunians present would have selected, although he was probably correct in saying City created more chances after the interval than before it, even if that was not saying a lot. The creativity was there for much of the match, and with Hoffenheim and Shakhtar Donetsk drawing, City is just in a one-point hole and will be favored to win its remaining matches.
- The Conners: Roseanne Barr Says She Knows How Her Character Dies
- Union Cabinet Approves Ordinance to Criminalise Triple Talaq
- Pandora Music adds iOS 12 support, teases new Apple Watch app
- Last stand: Syria's rebel Idlib prepares for a losing battle
- North Korea's Kim Jong Un Says He Will Visit Seoul
- Poland suggests 'Fort Trump' as U.S. weighs military base
- Liverpool exploits Tottenham's World Cup fatigue for 5th win
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic: Swedish striker scores 500th career goal in style
- No strawberry tampering in WA: minister
- China to penalise $60 billion of U.S