Before Butler, the Timberwolves hadn't sniffed the postseason since Kevin Garnett was in his prime.
Jimmy Butler has decided he'd like to play elsewhere.
But still, plenty of players get traded to teams that aren't on their "list".
After earlier reports of discontent on behalf of Butler with his teammates' immaturity was only exacerbated by "contractual matters" which led to Wednesday's trade request.
Pandora Music adds iOS 12 support, teases new Apple Watch app
There's also a new Bedtime mode (in Do Not Disturb in Settings ) that dims the lock screen and hides notifications completely. All iOS devices come with 5 GB of iCloud data to start, but you can get storage plans that support up to 2 terabytes of data.
Butler, 29, averaged 22.2 points, 5.3 rebounds and 4.9 assists in 59 games last season, pushing the Timberwolves to a rare playoff appearance.
Butler can be a free agent in July, and those three teams have the max salary space to sign him without giving up assets in a trade.
But while Butler has decided he doesn't want to be in Minnesota, telling the Timberwolves this now has - at least for now - limited his options. Few doubt him as one of the top-20 players in the National Basketball Association, but he's at a position (shooting guard) that isn't a premium spot.
San Antonio could send Pau Gasol to Minnesota to make the salaries match, according to ESPN's trade machine, and that would reunite Thibodeau with one of his former Bulls players that he seems keen on acquiring. Instead, Butler reportedly has his sights on the Brooklyn Nets, New York Knicks and Clippers. In exchange for the then three-time NBA All-Star, the Bulls received Zach LaVine, Kris Dunn, and the #7 pick - Lauri Markkanen.
Butler's unhappiness is just the latest issue to befall Minnesota over the past few months.
- Union Cabinet Approves Ordinance to Criminalise Triple Talaq
- China to penalise $60 billion of U.S
- No strawberry tampering in WA: minister
- Trump Says Brett Kavanaugh 'Does Not Deserve This'
- OnePlus is working on a smart TV
- Florence begins assault on North Carolina coastline
- US Open Champion Naomi Osaka Is Nissan's Newest Ambassador
- Russian aircrew deaths: Putin and Netanyahu defuse tension
- Poland suggests 'Fort Trump' as U.S. weighs military base
- Last stand: Syria's rebel Idlib prepares for a losing battle