The 49ers made calls about Browns wide receiver Josh Gordon after Cleveland announced Saturday they'd be releasing him Monday.
The Browns were posturing that they'd refuse to deal Josh Gordon to an AFC team after his latest slip up, but you knew they'd take the deal where they could get it.
At least 8 to 10 teams called the Browns inquiring about potentially trading for Gordon, according to ESPN's Josina Anderson, after the Browns announced Saturday that they meant to release Gordon on Monday.
To make room for Gordon on the roster, the Patriots released wide receiver Corey Coleman.
U.S. Invites China to Trade Talks as Tariffs Loom
April 4: China rolls out a list of more than 100 usa goods worth roughly $US50 billion that are subject to retaliatory tariffs. The White House and office of the US Trade Representative did not respond to requests for comment.
Cleveland's preference had been to trade Gordon to an NFC team, a source told Schefter on Sunday. New England didn't quite win the Super Bowl that season, but given that it went undefeated before that game, it was a pretty darn good bet to do so. No way could the Browns possibly deal Gordon to the Patriots, the same team that refused to even consider any of their offers for former backup quarterback Jimmy Garappolo. So, who did the Patriots decide was expendable with the addition of Gordon? "I always feel, since camp ended and we got our 53, we can win with the people we have".
"I hate to determine it a relief", Jackson said. "We see what he does when he's on the field". He caught a 17-yard touchdown pass in the Browns' Week 1 tie against the Steelers. Gordon missed the 2015 season because of a drug suspension and opted to spend 2016 in rehab.
Floyd ultimately provided insurance while making a minimal contribution - his signature moment coming in the regular-season finale with a crushing block to free receiver Julian Edelman on a 77-yard catch-and-run touchdown, which came after he had scored on a 14-yard reception earlier in the game. "We all know what type of player he is".
- Donald Trump Blames Hurricane Maria Death Toll On Democrats And "Old Age"
- No strawberry tampering in WA: minister
- "Hazard" warning for Chelsea's rivals
- What Does the Manafort Plea Mean for Trump?
- Liverpool exploits Tottenham's World Cup fatigue for 5th win
- 'Please be careful': NSW mum finds needles in strawberries
- Still uncertainty as Hurricane Florences path moves south
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic: Swedish striker scores 500th career goal in style
- Six Nuclear Power Plants Are In Hurricane Florence’s Path
- First Hurricane Florence deaths: mother, baby killed by tree