Nixon's alleged support of the BDS movement was one of three bullet points used in a pro-Cuomo mailer that was sent out less than a week before Thursday's Democratic primary. Polls will close at 9:00 p.m.
Nixon, who is gay and attends Congregation Beit Simchat Torah, an LGBT synagogue, announced her bid for the Democratic nomination for NY governor in March.
He also won a last-minute endorsement from rap star Nicki Minaj, who told her 20 million Twitter followers that the governor was her man.
View Cardi's post above.
With nearly one-third of the votes counted, Cuomo had 66% of the votes to nearly 34% for Nixon.
Still, it appears Cuomo isn't in a celebratory mood ... or at least, he doesn't feel like celebrating with the state Democratic Party, which heavily backed his campaign.
Serena Williams: US Open final umpire makes interesting admission over controversy
Umpires could refuse to accept the chair when Williams competes, but would call off the apparent protest if Williams apologises for her remarks.
Still, Democratic strategist Hank Sheinkopf said Mr. Cuomo was given a gift when Ms. Nixon ran too far to the left.
Ms. Nixon gained fame in her role as Miranda Hobbes in HBO's "Sex and the City" and on Broadway has won two Tony Awards, including one previous year. Martin Dilan. Salazar's campaign has attracted national press due to inconsistencies in her personal background and allegations of sexual assault she made against Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu's spokesperson.
New York Governor Andrew Cuomo speaks at a healthcare union rally at the Theater at Madison Square Garden, February 21, 2018 in New York City.
The email pitch included excerpts of news reports from 2010, detailing how Nixon was among about 200 American celebrities - including many Jews - who signed a letter supporting a boycott by Israeli actors, directors and playwrights of a new theater in the West Bank settlement of Ariel.
Cynthia Nixon's Zabar's order raises eyebrows: Cinnamon raisin bagel with lox, capers, and cream cheese.
In an interview with Reuters last week, Nixon said: "I feel people are going to be very surprised on Thursday", and cited victories she felt her campaign had already scored.
But winning state-wide is tough, especially for a first-timer up against the well-oiled and seriously well-funded machinery of a two-time governor running for his third term.
"To break through, that requires a lot of money and organization", Michael Miller, professor of political science at Barnard College.
- Nintendo Direct to take place tomorrow, September 13
- Ireland says planned Trump visit in November canceled
- England players 'harsh on themselves' at half-time vs. Switzerland - Gareth Southgate
- Trend Micro apologizes for uploading copies of your browsing history
- Arvind Kejriwal calls Mallya's claims on meeting Jaitley 'absolutely shocking'
- England's Danny Rose: Players held inquest after 'embarrassing' first half vs. Switzerland
- Les Moonves Says He Is "Deeply Saddened" To Leave CBS
- Kerala nun writes to Vatican envoy against Jalandhar diocese bishop
- Astronauts on International Space Station showcase power of Hurricane Florence in photos
- Jeff Fager, executive producer of '60 Minutes,' leaves CBS amid harassment accusations