Rodgers was carted to the locker room in the second quarter of Sunday night's opener against the Chicago Bears with a left knee injury, but he returned after halftime to lead a 20-point comeback victory, despite putting little weight on his left leg.
"It's not a setback", McCarthy said, via Ryan Wood of the Green Bay Press-Gazette. "He'll be given the whole week to get ready".
One person who's convinced Rodgers is going to play is Mike Zimmer.
"I would say it's day by day", McCarthy said on Wednesday.
Incredible video shows plane flying into eye of Hurricane Florence
Forecasts generally project Florence to make landfall in southeastern North Carolina on Friday as a Category 3 or 4 hurricane. Duke Energy Corp expected between 25 percent and 75 percent of its 4 million customers would lose power in the Carolinas.
Rodgers said immediately after Green Bay's wonderful comeback that he'd play in Week 2 against Minnesota, and the 34-year-old didn't back down from that sentiment Wednesday.
Wearing a brace could be an option, depending on how the quarterback feels later in the week. "We'll take it day by day and learn as we go". His goal is to be able to move around in the small circle [pocket] he was working in during the second half against the Bears.
Tell me what running back in the National Football League gets a mention after a 2.5-yard rushing average on Sunday, and I'll tell you-this one, Dalvin Cook.
Rodgers has not seen the Vikings since suffering a collar bone injury in Week 5 last season that knocked him out for the majority of the year. S Josh Jones (ankle) missed practice, while rookie LB Oren Burks (shoulder) was limited.
- Hurricane Florence grows to Category 4; evacuations ordered
- Ireland says planned Trump visit in November canceled
- Packers Stock Report: A Week 1 Roller Coaster
- More than 1000 detained as protests over pensions sweep Russia
- Trend Micro apologizes for uploading copies of your browsing history
- England players 'harsh on themselves' at half-time vs. Switzerland - Gareth Southgate
- Kerala nun writes to Vatican envoy against Jalandhar diocese bishop
- Dolphins win epic, twice delayed, opener over Titans
- Apple Watch 4 wants to keep you fitter and more alive
- Apple has officially killed the home button on iPhones