"I guess I have a magic wand", Trump said, pointing to 4.2 percent GDP growth in the last quarter. Fox News knows this, too. Economic data show this circumstance last occurred in early 2006, or about 12 years ago.
"It was 100% my fault and I apologized immediately", Hassett said, hand over his heart.
Despite Trump's incorrect tweet, both figures are good for Trump, with the GDP growth rate the highest in nearly four years and the unemployment rate the lowest it has been in nearly 18 years. After sharing this fact, Lemon played a clip of White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders dismissing Bob Woodward's new book, Fear: Trump In The White House, as "careless and reckless".
Novak Djokovic sweeps aside del Potro in US Open final
The Serb then continued the brilliant sportsmanship by consoling a shattered del Potro as he sat courtside. It was even louder because of the closed roof over Arthur Ashe Stadium to keep out the rain.
"If you look at the collective body of evidence, the notion that what we're seeing right now is just a continuation of trends is not super defensible", Hassett said.
In his fiery speeches and Twitter blitzes, President Donald Trump has forcefully claimed ownership of the United States economy's vigorous health while denigrating the legacy of his predecessor Barack Obama, who was in office during most of the past decade's expansion.
"I'm glad it's continued, but when you hear about this economic miracle that's been going on, when the job numbers come out, monthly job numbers, and, suddenly, Republicans are saying, 'it's a miracle.' I have to kind of remind them, actually, those job numbers are the same as they were in 2015 and 2016", he said during a speech in IL.
Asked about the veracity of the statement later that day at a White House press briefing, Hassett said: "So I can tell you what is true. And, usually, the answer is he doesn't have an answer". Moore said the economy was slowing down dramatically at the end of Obama's second term and that the current growth started as "a result of the fact that Obama and Clinton were not going to be office anymore".
This wasn't the first time Hassett has weighed in on a presidential tweet. The U.S.is now its 10th year of economic growth, and in its longest period of growth with 95 straight months of job creation. "It wasn't him." He added that the recovery under Mr. Obama was the weakest in history.
- Wildfire that closed key California highway doubles in size
- Trump calls on Sessions to investigate anonymous NYT op-ed
- Drinks with Downer set Papadopoulos towards jail
- Packers Stock Report: A Week 1 Roller Coaster
- Dolphins win epic, twice delayed, opener over Titans
- Cheapest 2018 iPhone May Be Much More Expensive Than We Thought
- England v Spain: My conscience is clear on Mohamed Salah - Sergio Ramos
- Marcus Rashford suffers injury during England's defeat to Spain
- Nicki Minaj on Cardi B fight: She says she was 'humiliated'
- Isaac Degrades To Tropical Storm; Helene's Forecast Sends It Away From Caribbean