The announcement of his planned visit came as a surprise when first revealed ten days ago, and was set to attract strong levels of protests.
US politicians, including Trump's predecessor, former President Barack ObamaBarack Hussein ObamaPollster: Rasmussen Research has a pro-GOP bias Democracy is alive in Trump era Senate's antics are a reminder of why colleges need to step up MORE, have often visited the country, to which around 33 million Americans trace their heritage. It is believed that no formal communication has been made to the Irish Government yet.
Donald Trump was due to go to Ireland for November 12 as a stopover on his way back to America after visiting France for the World War I service.
His visit to Ireland was to coincide with that trip.
Green Party leader Eamon Ryan had encouraged citizens to "show their disgust and rejection of the Trump administration's policies by turning out, as we did during the Iraq War in 2003, in large-scale mass protest around the country", according to CNBC.
Tropical storms, depressions and hurricanes quickly forming over Atlantic Ocean
East Coast over the next week has increased but there it is is too soon to determine location, magnitude and timing of the impact. According to a recent advisory by the National Hurricane Center, Hurricane Florence may be a huge threat to the east coast.
And he pointed to the lack of a U.S. ambassador to Ireland for two years when he said: "I think it's time to try and get this relationship sorted". "Then suddenly, in a similar manner it emerged that the visit is off".
He added: "I've never seen anything like this, genuinely".
Speaking to RTE radio earlier this month, Mr Varadkar said the prospect of a visit "came a little bit out of the blue".
He also said it could be symptomatic of how Mr Trump operates, making decisions and undoing them quickly.
He said: "Those are the issues I think we need to reset the button on".
- Up to 5 dead in Australia home; man taken into custody
- Isaac Degrades To Tropical Storm; Helene's Forecast Sends It Away From Caribbean
- Olivia Newton-John diagnosed with cancer for 3rd time
- Novak Djokovic sweeps aside del Potro in US Open final
- Southgate vows to stick to principles despite Spain defeat
- Dolphins win epic, twice delayed, opener over Titans
- Nicki Minaj on Cardi B fight: She says she was 'humiliated'
- Packers Stock Report: A Week 1 Roller Coaster
- Beware, NFL: Eagles defense may have gotten even better
- Trump dismisses Woodward book as a ‘joke’