The 2018 season opener at Lincoln Financial Field was hit by heavy rain with lightning also in the surrounding areas forcing National Football League fans to have to wait for the first game of the new campaign.
In this video from ESPN.com's Tim McManus, the fans don't seem to even notice the rain. As we did a season ago, we're back to give our best five picks of the week. The main difference being that Tom Brady dropped that pass and Foles was able to hold on to. As previously alluded to, these picks are available throughout the week with PFF Greenline, where you can see all of the game's line movements and our model's reactions to them and other news (e.g. injuries that cause them). Which players will end up having big seasons? Then again, the Falcons allowed the Eagles to convert eight out of 16 third downs, and fell for the "Philly Special" reboot.
The play was ruled incomplete, but the Falcons went ahead and challenged.
Philadelphia will unveil its first Super Bowl banner in franchise history in front of a sellout crowd.
"We needed to do something", Foles told NBC of the "Philly Special II" in an on-field interview postgame. This time, Foles caught a 15-yard pass from Nelson Agholor to extend a drive that ended with Ajayi scoring a go-ahead 1-yard TD run in the third quarter.
Southgate vows to stick to principles despite Spain defeat
Gareth Southgate gave a start to Marcus Rashford, a player now struggling to make his mark with Manchester United this season.
"It was déjà vu all over again", said cornerback Jalen Mills, who was on Jones the last time around, pestering the superstar receiver as Matt Ryan's offering went off his fingertips and out of bounds to punch Philly's ticket to the NFC Championship Game.
Stadium officials announced a new kickoff time of 8:55 p.m., more than 30 minutes after the game was originally scheduled. "Coaches probably think I'm insane for doing it, but it's something I enjoy doing".
In his first season as the team's offensive coordinator in 2017, Steve Sarkisian directed Atlanta to a No. 8 ranking in total offense.
- 3rd body found after Colorado River boat crash
- Nadal retires to send Del Potro into U.S. Open final
- Anonymous Trump Administration Official Claims Staffers Are Working to 'Thwart' the President
- Student's fake poster hangs at McDonald's for months
- Twitter permanently bans Alex Jones, Infowars, citing abuse
- Dallas Cowboys: Earl Thomas trade still on the table
- Burt Reynolds dies at the age of 82
- Anonymous New York Times op-ed sparks frenzy of amateur linguists, sleuths
- Jack Ma: English teacher turned internet tycoon
- Mac Miller, Pittsburgh Rapper And Producer, Reportedly Dead At 26