Sources have confirmed that the Dallas Cowboys have upped their offer to the Seattle Seahawks for Pro Bowl safety Earl Thomas from a third-round pick to a second-round pick and were still turned down.
The Seahawks have agreed to wipe away nearly all of the fines Thomas accrued during his holdout.
According to multiple National Football League insiders, though, the Cowboys tried multiple times to acquire Thomas - who went to high school outside Beaumont and played college ball at Texas - during his holdout in Seattle.
Thomas wrote on Instagram, accompanied by a picture of himself in the Seahawks' weight room, that: "I worked my whole life for this...." He urged that the team either pay him or trade him to a team willing to commit to him long-term.
The Seahawks tried to find a trade partner for Thomas, who had previously stated he wouldn't report without a new contract in place, but were unable to come to terms on a deal.
US Open 2018: Serena reaches semis, defender Stephens knocked out
As endearing as Sevastova's comeback story is, she faces probably the toughest prospect in women's tennis: Serena Williams . But having returned to tennis in 2015, Sevastova has risen steadily through the ranks and is now ranked No 18 in the world .
The safety posted an Instagram message Wednesday morning, expressing his frustration with the negotiation process.
By reporting, Thomas won't miss any game checks - $500,000 per game - and he shores up a defence that saw many of its more prominent players depart in the off-season for a variety of reasons.
Seattle wasn't interested - the team wanted more. Frazier will replace Xavier Woods in the starting lineup as Woods recovers from a hamstring injury.
"With that being said, the disrespect has been well noted and will not be forgotten", Thomas wrote after indicating he wouldn't let his teammates down this weekend. Time will tell, but for now, Thomas will remain in Seattle.
- Ayanna Pressley defeats Dem Rep. Michael Capuano in upset primary victory
- 3rd body found after Colorado River boat crash
- Defending champ Rafael Nadal to US Open quarters
- Gulf Coast prepares for Gordon's expected arrival as hurricane
- Le’Veon Bell Seems Rattled By Steelers Teammates Blasting Him Over Holdout
- Arbitrator sends Kaepernick's grievance against National Football League to trial
- 'Good job Jeff': Trump blames Sessions as GOP lawmakers charged before midterms
- Donald Trump Whips Up Base Blasting Nike Ad Featuring Colin Kaepernick
- Emergency on US Gulf Coast as Storm Gordon nears
- Malaysian lesbian couple caned in public punishment