'Asian representation in media is not as prevalent as it should be, ' Maravilla said. "It was like a calling". His friend, Christian Toledo, 25, moved to United States a couple of years ago from the Philippines. Fifty-one days later, the poster had still gone unnoticed by staff.
"All the other posters were in natural environments, like a city or at the beach, so we went to our local event center", he explained.
They found a "natural environment" that looked similar to the locations used for the existing photos, and took a picture similar to the ones they had seen inside the restaurant.
From the video, it didn't look like they even noticed. He then shared how they planned the whole thing, how they made the poster, and him pretending to be an employee of the fast food chain just to sneak in the photo.
"It fit me perfectly", he said.
Burt Reynolds dies at the age of 82
While Reynolds ended up losing the award to Good Will Hunting's Robin Williams, he did take home a Golden Globe. A year later, Anderson released her version of events in a tell-all book called "My Life in High Heels".
Jehv Maravilla, 21, and his friend Christian Toledo 25, noticed a lack of representation in the marketing materials at a McDonalds in Pearland, near Houston.
"It is still up", Maravilla proudly told InsideEdition.com Tuesday.
Maravilla hopes maybe he'll have a future in modeling for McDonald's campaigns.
"McDonald's is a worldwide corporation so we wanted to make the biggest impact if possible", said Maravilla. It was unclear whether McDonald's knew the poster's origins or if the eatery would allow it to remain.
A McDonald's franchisee released a statement on the prank Tuesday, saying, "We take pride in highlighting diversity in every aspect of our restaurants. We applaud these students' creativity and hope to see them in our restaurants again soon".
Couple Reenacts Anniversary Picture for 7 Years Straight: "Our Friends and Family".
- Federer shocked by 55th-ranked Millman
- Emergency on US Gulf Coast as Storm Gordon nears
- Malaysian lesbian couple caned in public punishment
- Former senator Jon Kyl to replace John McCain in Senate
- Man shot after pulling gun outside Ice Cube concert, sheriff says
- US Open: Roger Federer gives rebel Nick Kyrgios a harsh lesson
- Defending champ Rafael Nadal to US Open quarters
- Ukraine rebels say bodyguard died with leader in bombing
- Alisson mistake: Liverpool's Jurgen Klopp 'really happy' with goalkeeper blunder
- Amazon's Stock Value Has Crossed $1 Trillion, Joining Apple