Tropical Storm Norman strengthened somewhat overnight and is forecast to turn out to be a typhoon this day.
Here is a look at the 2013 Atlantic hurricane season.
But the storm is far from land and no coastal watches or warning are in effect.
As of 11 a.m. Wednesday, Hurricane Miriam featured 75 mph winds with higher gusts and was tracking west at 9 mph about 1,090 miles east-southeast of Hilo, according to forecasters at the Miami-based National Hurricane Center. It had maximum sustained winds of 50 miles per hour.
The remnants of the storm, however, brought excessive rainfall and flash flooding to localized areas around the state, most notably on the island of Hawaii and Kauai. Hurricane Miriam and Norman are Category 1 storms with wind speeds of 75 miles per hour. Increased activity due to lessening wind shear Wind shear helps in keeping tropical depressions from forming, and right now, the wind shear appears to be decreasing.
Tropical Storm DanielleJune 20, 2016 - Tropical Storm Danielle forms in the Bay of Campeche, and later makes landfall north of Tuxpan, Mexico.
Delta Sigma Theta pays tribute to their soror, the Queen of Soul
She said they slept in the auto and then got in line around 4 a.m. "Last week we lost an irreplaceable force", the singer said. Fans of Aretha Franklin marked another day of remembering the icon at the viewing of her body at the Charles H.
Tropical Storm ErinAugust 15 - Tropical Storm Erin forms west-southwest of the Cape Verde Islands.August 16 - Briefly weakens to a tropical depression then strengthens back into a tropical storm.August 18 - Weakens back to a tropical depression.
It was located 1,230 miles east-southeast of Hilo and was moving west at 13 mph.
Tropical Storm LisaSeptember 20, 2016 - Tropical Storm Lisa forms over the eastern tropical Atlantic Ocean.September 24, 2016 - Weakens to a tropical depression.
Lane is the nation's second rainiest tropical cyclone since 1950.
Tropical Storm FernandAugust 25 - Tropical Storm Fernand forms over the western Bay of Campeche off the coast of Mexico and makes landfall near the state of Veracruz.August 26 - Weakens to a tropical depression. NASA research has shown that storms with cloud top temperatures that cold (that are very high in the troposphere) have the capability to generate heavy rain.
- Josh Donaldson Will Hit Waivers With Several Contenders Interested
- Ozil was due to attend Tuesday’s first-team training session
- Aretha Franklin: Queen of Soul to lie in state in Detroit
- Reno woman missing in Texas; family fears for her
- 'No Way Back' For Moussa Dembele At Celtic After Late Night Tweets
- Ottawa analyzing Trans Mountain ruling; going ahead with pipeline purchase
- Kyrgios progresses after controversial umpire pep talk
- California Streamin': State Gets Tough on Net Neutrality
- Prince Harry's schoolboy crush finally notices him
- Massive Apple leak shows official pictures of the unreleased iPhone XS