Regardless if it forms into a depression or tropical storm, it could bring rounds of heavy rain anywhere from Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and Florida. The National Hurricane Center introduced this product a year ago to accommodate systems that develop and intensify near land. The system was moving west at about 12 miles per hour.
"The depression is becoming better organized, and it will most likely reach tropical storm status in the next several hours", the National Hurricane Center advisory stated.
The tropical wave, a large area of cloudiness and thunderstorms across the northeastern Caribbean Sea, is forecast to move westward to west-northwestward, the hurricane center said Thursday.
U.S. Open 2018: Tournament apologizes for Cornet's shirt-change code violation
This is not the first time a major tennis tournament has attracted headlines for the way it treats its female athletes. Novak can take his shirt off because of extreme heat & that's ok. 'We regret that a Code Violation was assessed to Ms.
Rain over the USVI and a storm forming near Africa.
The tropical wave, situated near Hispaniola, is forecast to spread west to west-northwest but could fall apart as it encounters strong winds, according to the National Hurricane Center. Given how far north this wave will be when it pushes off the African coast, there is certainty that it will curve safely into open Atlantic waters. If this were to occur, it could limit swell potential for the East Coast (it would be far away), although not all models are suggesting the system will finish a complete recurvature through the Atlantic. The WLOX First Alert Weather Team is keeping an eye on two areas. Strong upper-level winds will keep it from organizing into a tropical system before it arrives in Florida, but it may strengthen once it passes over the state and into the Gulf of Mexico. For instance, the GFS forecast for Friday morning 9/7 is showing max winds of 71kts, while the Euro forecast is showing max winds of 41kts or a weak Tropical Storm.
- White House counsel Don McGahn to depart in the fall
- Syrian army will 'go all the way' in Idlib: FM
- Kyrgios progresses after controversial umpire pep talk
- Russia's fleet to counter U.S. moves ahead of Syrian offensive
- McCain motorcade departs U.S. Capitol en route to cathedral
- Confirmed: Apple Will Release New iPhones On September 12
- Elon Musk Won't Back Down On Cave Diver 'Pedo' Remark
- Ozil was due to attend Tuesday’s first-team training session
- Reno woman missing in Texas; family fears for her
- Aretha Franklin: Stars and fans gather for funeral