Maurizio Sarri joked that breaching Newcastle United's back-line was tougher than breaking down Serie A defences after his Chelsea side preserved their ideal start to the Premier League season with a 2-1 win at St James' Park.
Benitez nearly had the last laugh because Newcastle were on the verge of taking a point from the game.
That gave Chelsea a helping hand after 76 minutes of frustration, the Blues having until then failed to break down a Newcastle side set up to soak up pressure.
"I don't know. In Italy it was usual, of course not against Inter, Rome, Juventus but if we played against the last ten in the table, it was usual". They created little at the other end, but they drew level when Spanish forward Joselu headed in at the near post in the 83rd minute. But I was watching and analysing the stats and I don't agree with some of these comments.
Chelsea were in dominant fashion as they totalled 81% possession in the match, with Sarri left surprised by Benitez's defensive approach to the fixture. They face Man City next.
"You have to do what you have to do". "Possession statistics are misleading, you can have 80% of it and still lose".
Australia PM loses ministers in leadership battle
Former minister Peter Dutton has announced his intentions of wanting to stand for election as prime minister. Treasurer Scott Morrison also pledged to challenge for the top job, local media reported.
"We're disappointed with the second ball".
The visitors were handed a huge boost 14 minutes from time as referee Paul Tierney ruled Fabian Schar had fouled Marcos Alonso in the box, despite replays suggesting the Switzerland worldwide had got his foot to the ball.
"I will have to analyse (it) carefully".
In essence, Chelsea got lucky and Newcastle were unlucky (both in terms of the penalty being awarded against them and the deflection on Chelsea's own goal game-winner).
He added: "Obviously we were almost there, very close". I have to give credit to my players for the effort they have (put in). "It's usually three months, but my feeling is in this team there are a lot of intelligent players so I hope only two months", he said. "I was too far away". I think we showed improvement because the match was hard it was not easy to play well.
- PV Sindhu on Forbes' list of top 10 highest-paid female athletes
- Mass shooting leaves multiple dead in Jacksonville, FL, authorities say
- Legendary Aretha Franklin left no will behind upon her death
- The Network showed a "removable" button on the new Galaxy Note 9
- What Will Happen to John McCain's Senate Seat?
- Hawaii Prepares for Rainfall ‘in Feet’ as Hurricane Lane Approaches
- Pope compares Church sexual abuse, corruption to excrement, victims say
- Performance and price NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti appeared before the announcement
- U.S. senator John McCain dies at 81 after losing cancer battle
- Manchester United Placed Toby Alderweireld Low Down Transfer List