United's stand-in skipper has, however, faced criticism along with a number of team-mates after suffering a 3-2 defeat at Brighton last time out.
Reports on Thursday claimed the 22-year-old had made a decision to stay and fight for his Old Trafford future, despite manager Jose Mourinho demanding he be sold.
When asked whether he has been impressed, Mourinho said, "I'm not going to comment,".
"Paul said it and he has to answer by his words", declared Mourinho.
Mourinho admits nobody is happy at Man Utd
How much they are willing to spend on Alderweireld remains to be seen, but this does seem to be a vote of confidence for the United boss after a tricky summer and start to the new season. 'But from a human point of view, I think it was a great experience.
Mourinho: I don't analyse with you my players.
Mark Ogden says that frustraring transfer periods for Jose Mourinho have forced Manchester United to consider a different strategy.
The England international's unusual run without netting in the opening month of the campaign had stood at 14 matches, spanning 1,000 minutes, prior to his curled finish in last weekend's 3-1 win.
Nemanja Matic, Alex Sanchez and Antonio Valencia all missed the trip to the south coast but has been back in training this week and all three could be included for the visit of Spurs.
Summer signing Diogo Dalot is also training as Mourinho looks to name a team capable of giving top-four rivals a bloody nose once more.
Impeach me and the market crashes
At nearly the same time, Trump's former campaign chief Paul Manafort was found guilty of tax and bank fraud by a jury in Virginia.
- Gold and Satyameva Jayate collect Rs 45 crore on Independence Day release
- Redskins signing Adrian Peterson to 1-year deal
- Air quality reaches hazardous levels in Spokane
- Donald Trump’s lawyer Rudy Giuliani says ‘truth isn’t truth’
- The Network showed a "removable" button on the new Galaxy Note 9
- Nvidia reveals $800 GeForce RTX 2080 at Gamescom 2018
- Donald Trump Speechwriter Leaves White House After Attending Conference With White Nationalists
- U.S. senator John McCain dies at 81 after losing cancer battle
- ADL skewers Trump for tweet on white South African conspiracy theory
- Trump implicated as two of his aides found guilty