Prime Minister-in-waiting and PTI chairman Khan and other prominent leaders including Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) president Shahbaz Sharif, Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) chairman Bilawal Bhutto-Zardari and former president Asif Ali Zardari were present in the assembly for the oath-taking.
His tweet came after President Mamnoon Hussain summoned a session of the National Assembly on August 13 during which the newly-elected members will take oath.
After the election of the Speaker and deputy speaker, nominations will be called for the Prime Minister.
Pakistan's World Cup cricket hero Imran Khan will be sworn in as prime minister next week, his party said Friday, announcing it has the numbers to form a coalition government in the nuclear-armed nation.
Turkey in danger zone as Trump raises tariffs
The lira hit a record low of 6.24 per dollar on Friday, before recovering to 5.92 - still down a whopping 7 per cent on the day. On March 1 , Trump had announced global tariffs of 10 percent on all aluminum to the USA and 25 percent on all steel imports.
PTI maintains that even though close friends from India and the notables from the 1992 World Cup cricket team are invited to the oath taking ceremony on August 18, the ceremony will be a simple one.
PTI leads the race with the most number of seats in the National Assembly (158 seats in total; 125 general, 28 women and five minorities). Dawood served in the Cabinet of former military dictator Pervez Musharraf.
The card is also essential for casting vote in the elections of Speaker, deputy speaker and the Prime Minister. "We hope that Pakistan would work for a safe, secure, stable and prosperous region, free from terror and violence", the prime minister said. The three have joined hands and formed the combined opposition.
- Jurgen Klopp told new Liverpool FC signing worth ’10 points a season’
- Liverpool's centre back shortage not a problem for Jürgen Klopp
- Google Play Store Now Tells You It Doesn't Have Fortnite
- California plane crash: Nasim Ghanadan identified among the five killed
- USA unveils list of products facing tariffs
- Stella McCartney on the quality she shares with friend Meghan Markle
- Six bombshells from Rick Gates' testimony in the Paul Manafort trial
- Tiemoue Bakayoko close to AC Milan loan move from Chelsea
- Oil slips as trade worries weigh on market
- Trump to Impose Sanctions on Russia Nerve Agent Attack on Ex-Spy