Tiemoue Bakayoko was present in games during Chelsea's pre-season but has left Maurizio Sarri unimpressed.
And Bakayoko is set to be farmed out on loan to AC Milan later today, according to the Mirror.
The Blues have been relatively quiet in the transfer window up until this point, with only Napoli midfielder Jorginho arriving at Stamford Bridge in this window so far.
The 23-year-old France global joined the Blues from Monaco last summer for £40m and started 25 Premier League games in his first season in the Premier League.
Iwobi’s not leaving Arsenal - Emery assures
Kroenke's £550m offer to buy Alisher Usmanov's 30% stake has been accepted, meaning Kroenke will be able to make a compulsory purchase of the remaining shares.
Our delight at Bakayoko's impending departure may seem a little harsh, but from a purely footballing perspective, it's good news that Maurizio Sarri will not be burdened with him, as Antonio Conte was last season. Yet he was not able to satisfy the Chelsea bosses of his reliability as he had a dodgy first season.
Although Willian didn't start Sunday's Community Shield match against Manchester City, a 2-0 defeat, he is thought to be in Sarri's plans for his debut season in charge.
Mateo Kovacic is being reportedly close to signing for Chelsea making Bakayoko surplus to requirements.
With Milan leading the race for Bakayoko, Everton's interest appears to be dependent on whether or not they land Zouma.
- Mosquitoes in Boise, Garden City Test Positive for West Nile
- USA unveils list of products facing tariffs
- Conservative Party to investigate Boris Johnson's burka comments
- Ben Shapiro offers Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez $10,000 to appear on his show
- Trump to Impose Sanctions on Russia Nerve Agent Attack on Ex-Spy
- Six bombshells from Rick Gates' testimony in the Paul Manafort trial
- Liverpool's centre back shortage not a problem for Jürgen Klopp
- Pixel 3 XL leaks in retail box with USB-C earphones
- Oil slips as trade worries weigh on market
- Pep: Let's kick on again