Once Britain's top diplomat, Johnson made his comments in his latest Telegraph column which focused on Denmark's recent decision to impose a full-face veil ban for those of the Islamic faith.
"It is crass and it must stop, and it must be condemned by the leadership right from the prime minister down".
The former foreign secretary added: "If a constituent came to my MP's surgery with her face obscured, I should feel fully entitled - like Jack Straw - to ask her to remove it so that I could talk to her properly".
The complaints will be looked at by an independent panel.
Chelsea Keen On Liverpool Target Nabil Fekir But Europa League Negative Factor
There is a good group, very homogeneous. "But the window is still open and things move quickly in football". Therefore, it comes down to how serious Chelsea are to sign the French global .
The panel will decide whether to refer Johnson to the party's board.
She wrote, "As a feminist, what really disgusts me in this whole episode is that Muslim women are simply political fodder, their lives a convenient battleground on which to stake out a leadership bid".
May said his words "clearly caused offense ... and I do think that we all have to be very careful about the language and terms we use". "If a female student turned up at school or at a university lecture looking like a bank robber then ditto". "It is ridiculous that these views are being attacked".
A statement issued by the group said: "In 2005, Boris Johnson said, "Islam is the problem" and 'Islamophobia is a natural reaction'. He loves the great melting point that is London and recognises what diverse cultures bring to our capital city", says Perrior, who helped Johnson to become London mayor before heading into Number 10 as Theresa May's communications director.
The repercussions could exasperate the party's growing civil war, where the debate over Johnson's comments has developed into a proxy war between Brexiteers and Remainers in the parliamentary party.
He called for him to apologise but said his comments were "trivial" compared with Enoch Powell's Rivers of Blood speech.
- Nigeria Parliament 'takeover': Intelligence head Lawal Musa Daura fired
- Pep: Let's kick on again
- Liverpool's centre back shortage not a problem for Jürgen Klopp
- Plane crashes after airline employee's solo 'unauthorized takeoff' from Seattle airport
- Here are the glorious proposed logos for Donald Trump's Space Force
- Pixel 3 XL leaks in retail box with USB-C earphones
- Trump to Impose Sanctions on Russia Nerve Agent Attack on Ex-Spy
- Mosquitoes in Boise, Garden City Test Positive for West Nile
- Chicago suffers gun violence surge over weekend
- Six bombshells from Rick Gates' testimony in the Paul Manafort trial