Seiyefa is the most senior official at the SSS after Lawal Daura who was sacked on Tuesday on the orders of Acting President Yemi Osinbajo.
Osinbajo's personal assistant tweeted that the former DSS chief had been directed to hand over to the most senior officer of the State Security Service till further notice.
The Police and operatives of the Department of State Security (DSS) had on Tuesday, blocked the main gate of the National Assembly, preventing lawmakers and staff from gaining access into the complex.
However, Idris was said to have turned down the request, saying he already has enough officers on ground manning the National Assembly.
A spokesman for Vice President Yemi Osinbajo said in comments on Twitter that DSS head Lawal Musa Daura had been fired.
Arsenal hand Iwobi new deal, sell Akpom to PAOK
The manager asked the player to leave if he wants because it would be hard for him to play first team football this season. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.
A Reuters witness said security agents, some of whom were masked, then allowed lawmakers to enter but continued to bar government agents and journalists.
The President of the Senate, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki, on Monday arrived the National Assembly after the evacuation of operatives of the Department of State Services. "Seiyefa is also a member of the National Institute".
It is not clear if the meeting scheduled for Tuesday afternoon will still hold after today's turn of events.
Angry Nigerians have however taken to social media to react to the news, throwing "stones" at acting president, prof Yemi Osinbajo.
The Acting President, in the statement, condemned the action of the DSS as "a gross violation of the constitutional order, rule of law and all accepted notions of law and order".
- Becomes exclusive United States home for Community Shield showdown | Programming
- Chelsea Keen On Liverpool Target Nabil Fekir But Europa League Negative Factor
- Paul Pogba angered by José Mourinho's view of World Cup exploits
- John Kasich: Suburban GOP Women 'Turned Off' by Trump's Chaos
- Dana White: Conor McGregor will not be punished for bus attack
- Duchess of Sussex's sister takes cruel swipe on her birthday
- Three dead after strong quake hits Indonesian island of Lombok
- Trump administration wants to roll back Obama-era mileage standards
- Motorola debuts Moto Z3 as Verizon exclusive; 5G MotoMod coming in 2019
- Michael Jordan speaks up for LeBron James