Instead, the new date is set for November 23 or 24, as Greenberg reported Thursday morning.
"It's a ridiculous amount of money", Mickelson, who has a net worth of $375 million, told Golf.com last month.
The head-to-head battle is scheduled to take place in November at Shadow Creek.
Told about the idea later, Woods said: "I'm definitely not against that".
The much-anticipated one-on-one showdown between Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson will take place on Thanksgiving weekend, Mickelson confirmed after his round at Bridgestone on Thursday.
Remains from North Korea likely American soldiers who fought at Chosin Reservoir
Defense POW/MIA Accounting Agency, told reporters at Osan. -North Korean excavations but that this process is not yet underway. Vice President Mike Pence and USA military leaders received the remains in Hawaii during a somber ceremony on Wednesday.
Sports Illustrated reported that the match would likely be broadcast on pay-per-view television and, according to Mickelson, both players would be willing to wear microphones during the event.
The two titans' relationship, which was acrimonious and icy at times in the past, has thawed in recent years, turning into a friendly rapport.
They stunned the world of golf by joining each other for a practice round at the Masters in April, and were paired for the first two rounds of the Players in May. "No matter how much money you have, this amount will take both of us out of our comfort zone".
The 42-year-old Woods and 48-year-old Mickelson are two of golf's most recognizable active stars with 19 major championship wins between them and long have had a friendly rivalry over the years.
Many thought Mickelson and Woods were just joking, until both players confirmed they were in talks with TV channels and sponsors - and the much talked about event nearly happened last month. "We'll play for whatever makes him uncomfortable", he said.
- Pedro signs Chelsea contact extension
- Liverpool vs Napoli Preview: Alisson to make Reds debut in Dublin
- Payrolls rise 157,000 in July
- This is the Samsung Galaxy Note 9
- Chelsea's Courtois wants Madrid move for family reasons, says agent
- Mackenzie McDonald makes rare blunder against Andy Murray at Citi Open
- Three dead after strong quake hits Indonesian island of Lombok
- USA accuses Russian Federation of 'pervasive' election meddling
- Mendocino Complex Fire as of Thursday morning — FIRE MAP
- India's Iranian oil intakes jump to record high in July