Instead, the new date is set for November 23 or 24, as Greenberg reported Thursday morning.
"It's a ridiculous amount of money", Mickelson, who has a net worth of $375 million, told Golf.com last month.
The head-to-head battle is scheduled to take place in November at Shadow Creek.
Told about the idea later, Woods said: "I'm definitely not against that".
The much-anticipated one-on-one showdown between Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson will take place on Thanksgiving weekend, Mickelson confirmed after his round at Bridgestone on Thursday.
Dragon Ready for Return Ahead of Commercial Crew Announcement
Flights without any people are expected before the end of 2018, followed by two crewed missions sometime in 2019. News 6 is at NASA's Johnson Space Center in Houston for the announcement Friday morning .
Sports Illustrated reported that the match would likely be broadcast on pay-per-view television and, according to Mickelson, both players would be willing to wear microphones during the event.
The two titans' relationship, which was acrimonious and icy at times in the past, has thawed in recent years, turning into a friendly rapport.
They stunned the world of golf by joining each other for a practice round at the Masters in April, and were paired for the first two rounds of the Players in May. "No matter how much money you have, this amount will take both of us out of our comfort zone".
The 42-year-old Woods and 48-year-old Mickelson are two of golf's most recognizable active stars with 19 major championship wins between them and long have had a friendly rivalry over the years.
Many thought Mickelson and Woods were just joking, until both players confirmed they were in talks with TV channels and sponsors - and the much talked about event nearly happened last month. "We'll play for whatever makes him uncomfortable", he said.
- 'Meyered' in controversy: OSU coach placed on leave
- Kiki challenge may land you in hospital or prison, warns Gujarat Police
- Trump administration wants to roll back Obama-era mileage standards
- Three dead after strong quake hits Indonesian island of Lombok
- This is the Samsung Galaxy Note 9
- North Korea reportedly developing new missiles
- Liverpool vs Napoli Preview: Alisson to make Reds debut in Dublin
- Pedro signs Chelsea contact extension
- Chelsea's Courtois wants Madrid move for family reasons, says agent
- Becomes exclusive United States home for Community Shield showdown | Programming