Courtois' agent Christophe Henrotay pleaded the higher officials at Chelsea to allow the transfer to happen but Chelsea high-ups are firm over there decision. The Belgian, who performed admirably between the sticks for Roberto Martinez's Red Devils during the World Cup, took home the Golden Glove award and has seen his value soar since then. It depends especially on him, I think. Therefore, it's hardly surprising that clubs like Real Madrid have continually had the 26-year-old on their radar.
Sources told ESPN Brasil that the delay was caused by an expired passport, and Chelsea as a club have no immediate concerns about his attitude or commitment in a summer in which Barcelona and Manchester United have both expressed an interest in signing him.
Courtois has just one year left on his contract, meaning Chelsea must act now if they are to cash in on their wantaway keeper.
Mendocino Complex Fire as of Thursday morning — FIRE MAP
Approximately 90 large fires are now being fought in 14 states and nearly 400,000 hectares of ground has been lost. More than 4,200 firefighters are battling the flames, which have raged for 11 days so far.
The failed Pickford move means Chelsea believe they have exhausted their options in terms of a replacement for Courtois. "Every club wants to keep their top players and we are trying to do it". "It was a very positive conversation and I am very happy about it".
With the English transfer window set to shut next Thursday, time is running out for Chelsea to find a replacement should they decide to sell.
Maurizio Sarri has already conceded that he can do little at the moment to influence the goalkeeper's future.
- North Korea reportedly developing new missiles
- Russia Demands USA to Close Military Base in Syria
- Google reportedly plans to release a censored search app in China
- Apparently Prince Harry's Sweet Ride Can Now Be Yours
- Mars Close Approach: How to view the celestial event
- Guardiola: I'm going to learn a lot from Maurizio Sarri
- Satellite Images Suggest North Korea Is Up To Something Once Again
- Zanu-PF wins majority in Zimbabwe parliament elections, officials say
- Demi Lovato Road to Recovery Met with 'Complications'
- Mackenzie McDonald makes rare blunder against Andy Murray at Citi Open