The Israeli air force late Wednesday struck the militants as they crossed into Israeli-controlled territory with weapons, military officials said.
He said the Russian presence there was temporary, and that the observation posts would be handed over to Syrian regime forces once the situation stabilized.
Lieberman said that, for there to be long-term quiet between Israel and Syria, Assad must abide by a 1974 United Nations -monitored armistice that set up demilitarized zones on the Golan.
The BBC's Middle East correspondent, Tom Bateman, who is in the Israeli-occupied Golan Heights, says that despite the infiltration, Israel sees Iranian forces loyal to President Assad as the biggest threat from inside Syria.
Zimbabwe election rigged? MDC claims vote results were 'manipulated'
The general election follows the ousting of long time Zimbabwean leader, Robert Mugabe in November previous year by the military. Two additional parties also received one seat each and 58 of the total 210 were still to be announced.
Israeli Defense Minister Avigdor Lieberman said the situation on the Syrian side of the boundary had returned to its pre-2011 state after Syrian government forces, supported by Russia's military, regained control of the region from armed opposition that controlled since 2014.
Russian Federation demanded the immediate access by worldwide humanitarian entities to the Rukban refugee camp, where it is suspected that the Pentagon carries out recruitment work among civilians to make up radical groups.
A day before the joint Russia-U.N. patrols, Russian Federation announced it reached an agreement with Israel to keep pro-Iranian fighters 85 kilometers (53 miles) from the volatile frontier. He reiterated Israel's demand that Iran not set up military bases against it in Syria, nor that Syria be used to smuggle arms to Hezbollah guerrillas in neighbouring Lebanon.
"When the Syrian forces with all their supporters are trying to capture the areas close to the borders we can expect more mistakes and more friction with us".
Several reports claimed the air strikes were being carried out by "Israeli warplanes" or an "Israeli UAV or fighter jet", aiming at a site belonging to the Iranian Revolutionary Guards Corps in western Damascus.
- Mendocino Complex Fire as of Thursday morning — FIRE MAP
- USA accuses Russian Federation of 'pervasive' election meddling
- Kiki challenge may land you in hospital or prison, warns Gujarat Police
- Judge raps prosecutors over testimony on Manafort's luxuries
- 'Meyered' in controversy: OSU coach placed on leave
- Meghan Markle's half-sister Samantha takes on Chrissy Teigen in Twitter showdown
- Is Zidane Really Going To Replace Mourinho At Old Trafford?
- Virat Kohlis maiden Test ton in England keeps things even
- Satellite Images Suggest North Korea Is Up To Something Once Again
- Remains from North Korea likely American soldiers who fought at Chosin Reservoir