Meyer said he and his wife, Shelley Meyer, "actually both got involved because of our relationship with that family and advised counseling and wanted to help as we moved forward". Meyer said he and his wife, Shelley, addressed the incident with the Smiths, but that's about as far as it went.
Those are just some of the facts.
Jay Paterno, who was the team's quarterbacks coach under his father, has been a staunch defender of Joe Paterno's actions. Smith was accused of abuse by his ex-wife, Courtney Smith, in 2015, and two incidents were investigated by a local police department that year, according to Brett McMurphy.
Smith, who was sacked last week, has never been convicted of a crime or charged with assaulting his ex-wife - but she has provided evidence that seems to indicate her claims are true.
But Smith's personal life has always been troubled, and Meyer certainly knew at least part of the story.
Bottas unhappy at being called 'wingman' to Hamilton
Pole was Hamilton's , the front-row to Bottas, with Vettel only fourth, behind Ferrari team-mate Kimi Raikkonen . But Stoffel Vandoorne had a power failure with about 20 laps to go leaving Birthday boy Alonso out on his own.
That's yet another detail that makes it hard to believe that Meyer wasn't aware that one of his assistants was, at best, a threat to his ex-wife's well-being, and, at worst, an abusive monster. "Presuming that the panel members have not had significant personal relationships or regular interactions with the people who will be interviewed or with the people whose conduct is under review, the panel seems reasonably created to accomplish the same goals as the hiring of an outside law firm and may actually be able to investigate and report to the entire board more quickly and efficiently".
She told the Stadium sports network that her ex-husband had abused her, starting in 2009. "We understand the power of the roles that we have", Herman said.
"I don't know if I was the first, but I know I was one coach who told the players up front: 'If you ever hit a girl or get any sort of domestic violence charge or sexual charge then you're finished.' " Spurrier said. I don't blame you!
There is no "right time" to tell your story. There is proof that Meyer's wife knew about it, and it will be hard for Meyer to claim that he did not.
Plenty of you - many of whom are OSU fans - disagree.
- Zanu-PF wins majority in Zimbabwe parliament elections, officials say
- No 3-D gun plans in Pennsylvania, company agrees - for now
- USA to launch new initiatives to expand Indo-Pacific economic engagement
- Trump touts economy: 'These numbers are very, very sustainable'
- Iranians criticise Trump's offer of talks
- Meghan Markle's half-sister Samantha takes on Chrissy Teigen in Twitter showdown
- Sen.: Family separation is 'official kidnapping, child abuse'
- Kiki challenge may land you in hospital or prison, warns Gujarat Police
- Satellite Images Suggest North Korea Is Up To Something Once Again
- Tesla aims to build 6,000 Model 3s per week by late August