"Yes. We did this business with Muto because we needed to do something more".
Set to cost £22 million, potentially rising as high as £27 million, it is easy to see why Rafael Benitez has cashed in on the 22-year-old Serbia worldwide and it is likely he will immediately reinvest those funds into his squad at St. James' Park.
The Cottagers have been wrangling with Newcastle over a price for the Serbian striker, who was a key figure in their promotion push after spending the second half of last season on loan at the London club.
This past season, his third with Mainz in Germany's top league, Muto scored eight goals in 27 games.
"It means we can bring in another striker and we can be stronger", he said.
Newcastle Agree To Let £22M Mitrovic Go And Aim For South American Replacement
The club have already agreed a deal for the Japanese striker Yoshinori Muto from Mainz.
United have been heavily linked with a move for West Brom forward Salomon Rondon in recent weeks, with Dwight Gayle being touted as a potential makeweight in any deal.
We understand the Venezuela global has a £16.5m release clause in his contract and Newcastle boss Rafa Benitez sees him as a replacement for Aleksandar Mitrovic.
NY is kicking Spectrum out of the state for ‘recurring failures’
The company's purposeful obfuscation of its performance and compliance obligations to the Commission and its customers. This isn't the first time that NY has fought back against Charter/Spectrum over its dismal track record.
- Demi Lovato 'to enter rehab' on hospital release after suspected drug overdose
- Greece wildfires: Search for missing family members
- "Fortnite’s" Birthday Event Begins Today - How You Can Get Involved
- Soybean price chart shows why Trump is helping farmers amid trade war
- Great-grandmother and two children killed in California wildfires
- Molinari dedicates Open triumph to 'hero and idol' Costantino Rocca
- Researchers Detect Evidence of Lake Beneath the Surface of Mars
- Did Egyptian zoo paint donkeys to make them look like Zebras?
- Perry Endorses Push to Impeach Rosenstein
- India excludes 4 million people from draft citizens list in Assam state