US President Donald Trump's recent anti-Tehran comments are the "words of a troublemaker" pursuing "ignorant diplomacy", Iranian officials have declared, as the angry exchanges between Iran and the US rapidly escalate.
"Be cautious!" Trump said, unusually writing the entire message in capital letters.
Speaking in California on Sunday night, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said the USA supports Iranian protesters who he said have been taking to the streets recently to oppose corruption and call for expanded rights.
Israeli prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu praised the USA president's "strong stance" after years in which the Iranian regime was "pampered by world powers".
The top US diplomat said the United Sates is not afraid to pressure the Iranian government at its highest level as he urged all USA allies to join in financially suppressing the government.
"Americans should know that peace with Iran is the mother of all peace", he added.
Iranian general Gholam Hossein Gheypour laid down a stark threat to the USA following Trump's furious Iran rant on Twitter.
Christian Pulisic inspires Borussia Dortmund to victory over Liverpool
Liverpool last week completed the signing of Alisson from Roma for £65 million - the highest ever transfer fee for a goalkeeper. Later, the 19-year-old followed up with a spectacular goal in the 89th minute to put Dortmund one goal ahead.
Both Donald Trump and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo issued blunt warnings this weekend to the Iranian Regime against any further illicit actions against the US.
The US is seeking to tighten the economic screws on Iran, abandoning a landmark 2015 nuclear deal and reimposing stringent sanctions. He constantly threatened the Islamic Republic to quit the worldwide nuclear deal, waging war against Iran, imposing the severest sanctions ever against Iran, and cutting its oil exports.
Rouhani also said that a peace with Tehran is like "the mother of all peace".
He added that "Trump can not do a damn thing against Iran".
He cited what he called Iranian leaders' vast wealth and corruption, saying Iran "is run by something that resembles the mafia more than a government".
"Whenever Europe has sought an agreement with us, the White House has sown discord", Rouhani said.
The Ambassador said the Iranian people see the regime investing money in terror locations around the world, money that could go to domestic projects.
- Pep Guardiola: 'Almost impossible' for Manchester City to break own records
- Trump warns Iran to 'never, ever threaten' US or suffer consequences
- Tesla Asks Suppliers for Cash Back in a Bid to Achieve Profitability
- Tekashi 6ix9ine Reportedly Pistol Whipped, Robbed And Kidnapped
- Jurgen Klopp makes no apology for U-turn over spending at Liverpool
- Demi Lovato hospitalized for overdose
- Pakistan election polls latest: Cricketers support Imran Khan for Prime Minister
- Barcelona confirm Malcom signing a day after hijacking Roma bid
- North Korea's provocation level has dimmed, US Commander says
- Chicago Cubs deliver signed baseball after fan steals foul ball from child