"I will learn from Brother Mahathir Mohamad and Brother Erdogan and apply their secrets of development to Pakistan", Shehbaz told an election rally yesterday in Sargodha, Punjab, where he served as the chief minister.
The countrywide election campaign, marred by a string of terrorist attacks, came to an end at midnight last night, as political parties culminated their poll campaigns.
There are 105.96 million registered voters in the country.
Cricketer-turned-politician Imran Khan, who looks to emerge victorious after when the results are announced as per the Pakistan media reports, is finding support from his former teammates who have thrown their weight behind the PTI leader.
"Deployment of troops completed across the country", the military said in a statement, adding that the troops along with local security agencies will provide "a safe and secure environment" for voting. Interestingly this will be the second time that Pakistan will have free and democratic transfer of power without the Military meddling in the elections.
Tesla Asks Suppliers for Cash Back in a Bid to Achieve Profitability
Musk has pushed back on naysayers, arguing that the company will be profitable this quarter and next. Suppliers claim to have been sent letters asking them to repay substantial amounts.
The general elections will be held on July 25.
The attack in the northwestern province of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa follows a series of bombings at political rallies before the election, the most devastating of which was a suicide attack this month that killed 149 people in the southwestern province of Balochistan.
He also said the Army will only perform a facilitative role in the elections and that the polling process is to remain under the control and authority of the ECP.
"Corruption of Malaysian PM Najib Razak was the major reason Mahathir came out of a 15-year retirement to win elections despite attempts by Najib government to manipulate the same". Legendary bowler Wasim Akram is among the most vocal supporter of Imran Khan's party Tehreek-e-Insaf.
The former agriculture minister in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa is contesting polls from PK-99, Kalachi. This would be the largest deployment for any election in the country's history.
- Russian President Hands Over World Cup Mantle to Qatari Emir
- Mueller seeks immunity for five witnesses in Manafort case
- Microsoft Q4 strong as commercial cloud revenue hits $6.9 billion
- Nine Injured in Shooting in Toronto
- Trump meets Putin after denouncing 'stupidity' of USA policy on Russian Federation
- CBN commences chinese Yuan forex intervention
- US Urges UN to Keep Tough Economic Sanctions on North Korea
- Big test for Modi govt as monsoon session begins
- Tekashi 6ix9ine Reportedly Pistol Whipped, Robbed And Kidnapped
- Conte thanks players, staff and fans in gracious statement after Chelsea exit