The temperature also rose to 110 degrees at Camp Mabry in Austin, breaking the record for July's high of 109 degrees set on July 26, 1954.
In Burnet, the mercury rose to 110 degrees, matching an all-time high set on August 28, 2011.
The old daily record for July 23 was set in 2014 at 114 degrees.
Excessive heat warnings are also in effect in southern Arizona, California's southeastern desert and parts of Utah and New Mexico with highs in some areas forecast to reach almost 120 degrees on what could prove to be the hottest days of the year.
San Diego County again will face extreme heat much of this week, beginning Monday, the National Weather Service said.
Another sweltering heat wave has arrived in Southern California. The weather service said the warning for Utah's Dixie and Lake Powell regions will be in effect Tuesday through Thursday.
North Korea's provocation level has dimmed, US Commander says
But the Fake News is saying, without ever asking me (always anonymous sources), that I am angry because it is not going fast enough.
A cool front pushed its way through North Texas, but did little to alter the triple digit temperatures. Still, it was so hot in Las Cruces on Monday morning that afternoon school bus service was canceled.
Hot temperatures are especially risky for the young and elderly, who are susceptible to heat-related illnesses.
A list of "cool zones" for residents to escape the heat can be found here. The tweet said officials "can't stress enough that it will become dangerously hot early this week".
On Monday, heat records were already shattered in Thermal and Palms Springs - which noticed temperatures of 122 and 119 degrees, respectively.
News 8's Kerri Lane gives the latest weather update on the high heat and high surf.
Maricopa County public health officials say 155 people died in the Phoenix area previous year from heat-caused illnesses like heat exhaustion and heat stroke.
- Microsoft Q4 strong as commercial cloud revenue hits $6.9 billion
- ‘Troublemaker’ Trump pursues ‘ignorant diplomacy’ - Iran hits back at US
- Rubio: We need to stand with intelligence community
- Hundreds Are Missing After a Hydropower Dam Collapsed in Southern Laos
- With eye on 2019, government slashes GST rates on 100 items
- Tekashi 6ix9ine Reportedly Pistol Whipped, Robbed And Kidnapped
- Israel fires tank shell at Hamas post after suspects cross Gaza border
- Jurgen Klopp makes no apology for U-turn over spending at Liverpool
- Nine Injured in Shooting in Toronto
- Thomas wins second mountain stage as Martin loses time