If you recall the end of Infinity War, Thanos found all of the stones for the Infinity Gauntlet. After giving Reddit a few days to prepare a bot that would streamline the ban process and with the blessing of Thanos himself Josh Brolin, the ban officially began to take effect today.
"Here we go, Reddit users", Brolin says in the video while delivering his iconic finger snap with a smile on his face. Like Loki, Thanos had a likeable quality where many moviegoers actually understood and sympathized with his beliefs. With that out of the way, Reddit is going to experience its biggest forum ban ever on July 9th when the moderators of the thanosdidnothingwrong subreddit randomly ban half their members.
On July 6, a petition to keep actor Jeremy Renner from participating in the ban surfaced. "In fact, most members of r/ThanosDidNothingWrong wanted to make Thanos proud by getting banned in the name of balance: "༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ GIVE BAN ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ" has been a common refrain on Reddit, in the weeks leading up to the event.
Croatia beat Russian Federation , reach World Cup semifinal
Barcelona midfielder Ivan Rakitic admits he doesn't like seeing Croatia teammate Luka Modric at Real Madrid . Liverpool's No.6 played the full game in what was a gripping quarter-final tie.
At the time of the mass banning's start, the subreddit had over 714,000 users who had willingly subscribed to meet their doom (or not).
As of this writing, the subreddit is now at 391,000 subscribers, which would mean 195,500 Reddit users will be instantly banned with the click of a button. Thanos saw this happen on his home planet of Titan and was cast out after suggesting genocide to ultimately save his world. Infinity War moviegoers watched as superheroes Black Panther, Scarlett Witch, Spider-Man, Star-Lord, Drax, Mantis, Doctor Strange, The Winter Soldier, Falcon, and Groot were all wiped from existence. They especially asked Josh Brolin a.k.a Thanos to film a video of him recreating his Infinity War snap.
Life was sorted back in April with the release of Avengers: Infinity War.
- Michael Bisping, Kenny Florian: Jon Jones Lingers Over Daniel Cormier
- Jordan insists he didn't know about alleged OSU sex abuse
- Who called it? North Korea talks described as ‘regrettable’ and ‘productive’
- Trump's ex-lawyer fires what could be a warning shot
- Kylie Jenner reveals she Got Rid of all her Lip Fillers
- How to watch the SCOTUS announcement online
- Samsung’s most innovative phone ever might launch before the Galaxy S10
- England stars’ amusing reactions after qualifying for quarter-finals
- Apple Rumoured To Make iPhones Colourful Again
- Thailand cave rescue: Boys 'can walk but can't dive yet'