Musk hopes his engineers can join the already huge operation being carried out in the Tham Luang Nang Non cave complex, where dozens of Thai Navy SEALs and worldwide experts are attempting to find a way to get the boys out.
The Tesla and SpaceX CEO tweeted on Wednesday that he was "happy to help" the Thai government's rescue efforts, and by Thursday he was pitching ideas over Twitter with James Yenbamroong, CEO of Thai space startup mu Space Corp, about potential strategies that could work. "Should create an air tunnel underwater against cave roof & auto-conform to odd shapes like the 70cm hole".
The group was found in the cave by British rescue divers 10 days after they went missing.
Musk wrote in response that the water near the entrance looked as if it could be pumped out.
Musk commented that he believes the first bit of water could probably be pumped out, while engineers would use air pumps, tubes and battery packs for the second and third rounds of water. "Prob need to enter tube, zip up & then transit".
Musk said he was sending teams from his private space exploration firm SpaceX and the engineering firm Boring Co. which is developing tunnelling systems for transportation projects.
Jordan insists he didn't know about alleged OSU sex abuse
Trafford said Perkins Coie followed up on the May emails with a June 12 phone call that Jordan appears also not to have received. Strauss for anything, you would have to pull your trousers down", and that Jordan was present when this was discussed .
It is unclear at this point if Thai officials will accept Musk's offer for help.
Most of the boys do not know how to swim, never mind dive in such a complex environment.
Officials have also contemplated supplying the boys and their coach with food, water and oxygen to stay in the cave potentially for months until the monsoon ends and waters recede.
The boys became trapped in the cave two weeks ago after water rose and cut them off. Engineers and rescue teams equipped to aid the Thai government have been volunteering to help-a former Thai Navy SEAL died from lack of oxygen as he worked to save the boys-but so far have had no luck.
He said: "Boring Co has advanced ground penetrating radar & is pretty good at digging holes".
Hours after four boys were confirmed to have been rescued from the cave, Musk tweeted a video of a small submarine-like vessel being tested in a swimming pool.
- Samsung’s most innovative phone ever might launch before the Galaxy S10
- Former champion Venus crashes out of Wimbledon in third round
- Kylie Jenner reveals she Got Rid of all her Lip Fillers
- Trump’s trade war begins, and China hits back - sort of
- The Rise And Fall Of Nawaz Sharif, Pakistan's Three-Time Leader: Timeline
- World Cup 2018 Quarter Final preview
- Moon focuses on economy, business on 2nd day of trip to India
- How to watch the SCOTUS announcement online
- Formula One: Red Bull's Verstappen Wins Austrian GP As Mercedes Implodes
- Scott Pruitt, Embattled Environmental Protection Agency Chief, Resigns