It will be a champion versus champion "superfight" at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, with light-heavyweight Daniel Cormier moving back up to his former weight class - heavyweight - to challenge record-breaking UFC heavyweight king Stipe Miocic.
Cormier (21-1) flattened the UFC's long-reigning heavyweight champ with a right elbow out of a clinch. He is now the UFC light heavyweight and heavyweight champion, becoming just the second fighter in the promotion's history to hold two belts simultaneously.
Another fight on the main card sees former UFC Lightweight Champion Anthony Pettis facing off with perennial contender Michael Chiesa after the fight was cancelled from UFC 223 when Chiesa was injured in the Conor McGregor bus incident.
Another blockbuster card was shaken to its core yesterday as the UFC featherweight champion Max Holloway was forced to withdraw from his co-main event headlining showdown with Brian Ortega after displaying concussive-like symptoms in the last week. MMA Fighting's Dave Meltzer reported the deal allowed Lesnar to have at least one more fight in the UFC. "DC, I'm coming for you, mother*****r!"
Apple Rumoured To Make iPhones Colourful Again
Some iPod models were available in as many as nine different colors. Apple is expected to unveil the new iPhones in September. An orange iPhone could be on the way.
Cormier has been such a dominant force with his grappling throughout the course of his career that it's hard to see how that doesn't become a huge factor in this fight. Cormier was victorious in the fight and became the new heavyweight champion in the first round of the fight.
Meanwhile, Bisping says Jones' repeated violations of the UFC's anti-doping policy definitely put into question his legacy as well but that still hurts Cormier's case to be considered the best ever. White said that he doesn't know yet what date works for Cormier vs. Lesnar. Moments later, the two heavyweights tied up in the center of the cage.
The Cleveland firefighter hadn't lost since December 2014 and hadn't been stopped since September 2012.
Francis Ngannou only landed a total of 11 strikes in the fight. I also think just mixing in the takedown and just having that threat of the takedown, can shut down a fighter's offense.
- Chris Paul To Sign $160 Million Deal With Rockets
- Ant-Man And The Wasp's TWO Post-Credits Scenes Explained
- Formula One: Red Bull's Verstappen Wins Austrian GP As Mercedes Implodes
- Federation Internationale de Football Association 2018: Belgium, France into the next round
- World Cup 2018 Quarter Final preview
- Trump interviews Indian-American Amul Thapar for SC judge nominee
- Samsung’s most innovative phone ever might launch before the Galaxy S10
- Netflix may move HDR streaming to more expensive 'Ultra' plan
- F1 Bottas won the qualification in Austria
- English Woman Exposed To Nerve Agent Dies