It will be a champion versus champion "superfight" at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, with light-heavyweight Daniel Cormier moving back up to his former weight class - heavyweight - to challenge record-breaking UFC heavyweight king Stipe Miocic.
Cormier (21-1) flattened the UFC's long-reigning heavyweight champ with a right elbow out of a clinch. He is now the UFC light heavyweight and heavyweight champion, becoming just the second fighter in the promotion's history to hold two belts simultaneously.
Another fight on the main card sees former UFC Lightweight Champion Anthony Pettis facing off with perennial contender Michael Chiesa after the fight was cancelled from UFC 223 when Chiesa was injured in the Conor McGregor bus incident.
Another blockbuster card was shaken to its core yesterday as the UFC featherweight champion Max Holloway was forced to withdraw from his co-main event headlining showdown with Brian Ortega after displaying concussive-like symptoms in the last week. MMA Fighting's Dave Meltzer reported the deal allowed Lesnar to have at least one more fight in the UFC. "DC, I'm coming for you, mother*****r!"
Croatia beat Russian Federation , reach World Cup semifinal
Barcelona midfielder Ivan Rakitic admits he doesn't like seeing Croatia teammate Luka Modric at Real Madrid . Liverpool's No.6 played the full game in what was a gripping quarter-final tie.
Cormier has been such a dominant force with his grappling throughout the course of his career that it's hard to see how that doesn't become a huge factor in this fight. Cormier was victorious in the fight and became the new heavyweight champion in the first round of the fight.
Meanwhile, Bisping says Jones' repeated violations of the UFC's anti-doping policy definitely put into question his legacy as well but that still hurts Cormier's case to be considered the best ever. White said that he doesn't know yet what date works for Cormier vs. Lesnar. Moments later, the two heavyweights tied up in the center of the cage.
The Cleveland firefighter hadn't lost since December 2014 and hadn't been stopped since September 2012.
Francis Ngannou only landed a total of 11 strikes in the fight. I also think just mixing in the takedown and just having that threat of the takedown, can shut down a fighter's offense.
- Trump 'very close' to decision on Supreme Court pick
- Trump’s trade war begins, and China hits back - sort of
- Cormier and Miocic face off at ceremonial weigh-in ahead of UFC 226
- Trump's ex-lawyer fires what could be a warning shot
- England finally wins penalty shootout at World Cup
- Kylie Jenner reveals she Got Rid of all her Lip Fillers
- Trump admin reverses Obama, prods schools to ignore racial factors in admissions
- Itinerary of U.S. President Trump’s visit to Britain
- England stars’ amusing reactions after qualifying for quarter-finals
- Apple Rumoured To Make iPhones Colourful Again