France will go into their World Cup semi-final against neighbours Belgium with a "hunger to win" and a desire to show their 1998 World Cup victor Thierry Henry that he picked the wrong side, forward Olivier Giroud said on Sunday.
Croatia and Belgium have never won the tournament, although both have reached the semi final stage in previous editions.
That leaves perhaps the most wide-open World Cup of modern times heading towards the final week, and England manager Southgate has called on his team to take advantage.
"I think we are always playing with a lot of pressure even if we are seen as underdogs", he said.
Trump’s trade war begins, and China hits back - sort of
A Chinese ministry spokesman said the " US is shooting itself in the foot and hurting the world " with its tariff hikes. Underpinning the dispute about technology is Trump's anger at America's $375 billion deficit in goods trade with China.
"We are in this position because guys that are in the squad like (Gary) Cahill, (Phil) Jones, (Danny) Welbeck, (Nick) Pope, (Jack) Butland, (Danny) Rose, the older ones, have been exceptional in their mentality, their attitude to support the team, to train every day".
They are one of those teams which have evolved as the tournament progressed and have learnt from their mistakes especially after the Japan game, where they had to come back from a two-goal deficit. "We can also vary our game, which it is a massive strength".
"We're not scared of anyone, " Pavard said.
But again the five-time world champions are leaving empty handed, unable to make it to the semifinals four years after that humiliating 7-1 loss to Germany at its home World Cup. However, this being a World Cup year has opened the door for other players to stake their claim.
Ahead of Brazil's quarter-final match against Belgium, a Swiss TV Stadium spent a fair amount of time to actually track Neymar's time on the ground.
"I'm very happy to be a part of this team".
- Playing 'favorites' Brazil a dream for Belgium: Martinez
- Itinerary of U.S. President Trump’s visit to Britain
- Want a replica LeBron James Lakers jersey? That'll be $75
- What’s New For Amazon’s Prime Day? Deals At Whole Foods
- Trump admin reverses Obama, prods schools to ignore racial factors in admissions
- England finally wins penalty shootout at World Cup
- Heat warnings in effect
- Julius Randle an unrestricted free agent after Lakers renounce his rights
- Former champion Venus crashes out of Wimbledon in third round
- Scott Pruitt, Embattled Environmental Protection Agency Chief, Resigns