Cormier had just won the title, knocking out Stipe Miocic with a short right hand. Their brief exchange went something like this: Cormier: Push me now, get slept later. "I never thought I would fight him, but Brock Lesnar, get your ass in here", Cormier said. So I will do fake fighting with you until I put my fist upside your face.
According to UFC president Dana White, no date has been set as of yet but it's happening.
Daniel Cormier unleashed a guttural roar as he took to the stage during the UFC 226 ceremonial weigh-ins. He is now only the second fighter in UFC history to hold two divisional belts simultaneously.
On Saturday, on the greatest night of his athletic career, he recalled that moment.
Cormier's move up to challenge Miocic was only the third superfight in UFC history between reigning champions of two weight classes.
MMAjunkie odds consultant Joey Oddessa said he planned to open "The Oddessa Line" at -200 for Cormier and +180 for Lesnar.
Playing 'favorites' Brazil a dream for Belgium: Martinez
While Brazil fans were celebrating wildly, the El Tri fans were egging their players to come back to the game. I don't like this provocation and acting and I can not understand why a player likes to cheat.
While he's got unfinished business with rival Jon Jones, Cormier isn't inclined to wait around for the disgraced former champion to return to the Octagon.
Lesnar coming back to fight Cormier immediately isn't the best look for UFC.
Miocic is the favorite to win tonight's fight.
Lesnar, who turns 41 next week, retired from mixed martial arts in February 2017, which meant he was no longer included in USADA's testing pool under the UFC's anti-doping program.
White said "Yes", on Thursday when asked by Yahoo Sports if he expected Lesnar to return.
It was pure pro wrestling promotion, but it starts the hype ahead of a potential matchup between the pair, with rumours circulating that they will meet at UFC 230 at Madison Square Garden in NY on 3 November. I don't know where they are in the process.
Lesnar also still must finish the time remaining on his USADA suspension, which froze when he retired in early 2017.
- Itinerary of U.S. President Trump’s visit to Britain
- The Rise And Fall Of Nawaz Sharif, Pakistan's Three-Time Leader: Timeline
- Trump 'very close' to decision on Supreme Court pick
- Want a replica LeBron James Lakers jersey? That'll be $75
- Chris Paul To Sign $160 Million Deal With Rockets
- Croatia beat Russian Federation , reach World Cup semifinal
- Formula One: Red Bull's Verstappen Wins Austrian GP As Mercedes Implodes
- Trump admin reverses Obama, prods schools to ignore racial factors in admissions
- Apple Rumoured To Make iPhones Colourful Again
- #WC2018: Big guns primed for quarter-final battles