I tried to manage, I could see my tyres opening up.
"There's a very small lap time gain in having it open just through Turn 1", Hartley said. I just had to drive around the issue.
He added: "It's quite hard without knowing the intricacies of other teams, but the one thing you have to do as a team is win as a team and lose as a team, and that's why we don't often - or hardly at all - talk about individuals in success or failure, because that puts an unfair amount of scrutiny and pressure on that individual".
The Melbourne race has been held on the penultimate weekend of March for the last two years but has been moved forward, to give the event space either side of the Moomba Festival and the start of the Australia Football League season.
Victory on Sunday would be a record sixth British GP victory for Hamilton, and would take him ahead of Sebastian Vettel in the drivers' championship, in which the German now leads by one point.
Heat warnings in effect
The heat is going to continue until Thursday, with some relief on Friday when temperatures finally start dipping under 30 C. The move is part of the federal government's climate change adaptation in expectation of more frequent heat events.
"When the Virtual Safety Car came into force Lewis Hamilton was at turn seven, so the team had enough time to get him in". "And the problems - we've done everything we can to make sure they don't happen again". Hamilton insisted that they should have won the race. "I hope we can be there".
We've ranked the drivers in order from lowest to highest wages but who earns the most? "It's how the sport should be in a sense, that you're squeezing more out of the cars and out of the drivers as well so I think it's not a bad thing". Räikkönen was third with 101 points, Daniel Ricciardo with 96, and Verstappen with 93 points.
"Part of it is tires, part of it is it's a much more competitive year than last year, that we're fighting with two teams, it's a lot closer, there's a lot more pressure on". I don't like to put the blame somewhere else. I hope it is not a title decider, but I can't predict what is happening going forward. I think we have to be very honest with ourselves and our fans that this is going to be a journey. Alonso denied he was calling the shots at McLaren, with his former race engineer Andrea Stella promoted to performance director and Brazilian Gil de Ferran, an Indy 500 victor with whom Alonso worked at Indianapolis in 2017, brought in as sporting director.
"It's going to be very, very close this weekend, the Ferraris are really fast".
"It would be great to take the lead back from Seb here, but I am really grateful to be in a position to fight for a win at Silverstone for a sixth time".
- Trump admin reverses Obama, prods schools to ignore racial factors in admissions
- What’s New For Amazon’s Prime Day? Deals At Whole Foods
- England finally wins penalty shootout at World Cup
- England stars’ amusing reactions after qualifying for quarter-finals
- #WC2018: Big guns primed for quarter-final battles
- LeBron James's National Basketball Association move to LA has really got people talking
- Want a replica LeBron James Lakers jersey? That'll be $75
- Samsung Phones Reportedly Go Rogue and Send Pictures to Random Contacts
- Jesse Lingard: Gareth Southgate's 'formation suits us perfectly' claims England star
- ‘Back from the dead’: South African woman found alive in mortuary fridge