That's according to Mark Heisler of the Los Angeles Daily News, who claims the Lakers will NOT complete a deal for another superstar to join LeBron James this summer. Leonard wants to be traded to the Lakers.
Clearly there is no rush for him to take the Lakers, one of the NBA's most storied franchises, from a low ebb to a title.
Cleveland was unceremoniously swept by the Golden State Warriors in the 2018 NBA Finals.
The addition of James is expected to be a franchise-altering move for the Lakers, who won just 35 games last season and have missed the National Basketball Association playoffs in each of the past five years.
In lieu of James' decision to join the Lakers, several Cleveland newspapers, including the Cleveland Plain Dealer, chose to pay their respects with a front page feature.
A shocking one-year deal for DeMarcus Cousins fits that bill and makes the Warriors even stronger - Steve Kerr can now call upon five All-Stars in his starting lineup.
The mystique of the Lakers brand, in fact, may have been a selling point for LeBron in his second departure from the Cleveland Cavaliers in eight years. With James, the Lakers are now instantly a contender in the Western Conference, as they are getting the best player in the league.
‘Back from the dead’: South African woman found alive in mortuary fridge
In January an inmate at a jail in Spain's Asturias region regained consciousness hours before an autopsy was due to be performed. This is not the first time someone has been found alive after being declared dead in South Africa.
In the meantime, after conducting a youth movement over the past few years, Los Angeles is following up the addition of the 33-year-old James by getting older in other parts of the roster.
That said, Leonard isn't the Lakers' only possible target.
While LeBron is looking to sell tickets to his film projects, he has already given a big boost to interest in Lakers tickets for next season.
Nevertheless, the Lakers aren't sitting on their hands after luring LeBron to Hollywood.
But with James out of town, it looks like Love will be the topic of serious trade talk in the coming days.
- Tesla hits Model 3 weekly production goal for first time
- Fabian Delph given permission to leave England World Cup squad
- Trump’s Judicial Adviser Names Four Potential Supreme Court Nominees
- Obama handed 2.5K Iranians citizenship in Iran nuke deal
- Belgium Win In Amazing Comeback That Will Be A World Cup Classic
- Mascherano calls time on career after painful France defeat
- Paul George Expected To Immediately Re-Sign With Thunder
- Julius Randle an unrestricted free agent after Lakers renounce his rights
- Wild brawl mars World Cup basketball qualifier in Philippines
- Ronaldo follows Messi out of Russian Federation as Portugal hit Uruguay roadblock