That's according to Mark Heisler of the Los Angeles Daily News, who claims the Lakers will NOT complete a deal for another superstar to join LeBron James this summer. Leonard wants to be traded to the Lakers.
Clearly there is no rush for him to take the Lakers, one of the NBA's most storied franchises, from a low ebb to a title.
Cleveland was unceremoniously swept by the Golden State Warriors in the 2018 NBA Finals.
The addition of James is expected to be a franchise-altering move for the Lakers, who won just 35 games last season and have missed the National Basketball Association playoffs in each of the past five years.
In lieu of James' decision to join the Lakers, several Cleveland newspapers, including the Cleveland Plain Dealer, chose to pay their respects with a front page feature.
A shocking one-year deal for DeMarcus Cousins fits that bill and makes the Warriors even stronger - Steve Kerr can now call upon five All-Stars in his starting lineup.
The mystique of the Lakers brand, in fact, may have been a selling point for LeBron in his second departure from the Cleveland Cavaliers in eight years. With James, the Lakers are now instantly a contender in the Western Conference, as they are getting the best player in the league.
Samsung Phones Reportedly Go Rogue and Send Pictures to Random Contacts
The glitch leaves no trace of shared data in the phone's messaging app . 'Um, this is disturbing, ' one person said. They only discovered when the recipient of these photos answered back inquiring about the mysterious messages.
In the meantime, after conducting a youth movement over the past few years, Los Angeles is following up the addition of the 33-year-old James by getting older in other parts of the roster.
That said, Leonard isn't the Lakers' only possible target.
While LeBron is looking to sell tickets to his film projects, he has already given a big boost to interest in Lakers tickets for next season.
Nevertheless, the Lakers aren't sitting on their hands after luring LeBron to Hollywood.
But with James out of town, it looks like Love will be the topic of serious trade talk in the coming days.
- Quickens Loans National: Francesco Molinari dominates in first PGA Tour win
- What’s New For Amazon’s Prime Day? Deals At Whole Foods
- Japan loses to Belgium but wins hearts after cleaning up stadium
- Two-thirds of Americans oppose reversing Roe vs. Wade
- Paul George Expected To Immediately Re-Sign With Thunder
- Akash Ambani and Shloka Mehta’s engagement: All the moments you missed
- Tesla hits Model 3 weekly production goal for first time
- Ronaldo follows Messi out of Russian Federation as Portugal hit Uruguay roadblock
- Obama handed 2.5K Iranians citizenship in Iran nuke deal
- ‘Back from the dead’: South African woman found alive in mortuary fridge