James announced on Sunday night that he's agreed to join the Los Angeles Lakers, a decision that dredged up bad memories for some Cavs fans.
"Thank you Northeast Ohio for an incredible four seasons".
James, a 14-time All-Star and four-time MVP, spent the first seven years of his career with Cleveland before he signed with the Miami Heat as a free agent prior to 2010-11. With some savvy moves, the Lakers are poised to potentially add two superstars - James and Paul George and maybe Kawhi Leonard - to a team featuring up-and-coming talents like Kyle Kuzma, Brandon Ingram and Lonzo Ball. Earlier this season, James was flattered when a Pennsylvania company paid for three billboards in OH urging James to come to Philadelphia, where the club has been abiding by a "Trust The Process" mantra while rebuilding.
James is certainly the most prominent free agent signed by the Lakers since Shaquille O'Neal left the Orlando Magic in 1996. He's letting James know in advance that he won't gain anything for his legacy if he went to the Lakers.
Gareth Southgate admits knives will be out if England lose to Colombia
"I think both sides are keen to continue that work at a faster pace than we have done up till now and certainly we would welcome that", she said today.
Genesco Sports Enterprises CEO John Tatum on the impact of state taxes on athletes such as the NBA's LeBron James who play across the country and efforts by Gov. Phil Murphy, (D-N.J.), to imposing a tax on corporations and the wealthy in New Jersey.
James isn't expected to drag his choice out over several days. Aldridge reports the Warriors, Lakers, and Pelicans are among the other teams interested in the 30-year-old big man that just won back-to-back titles with Golden State. James bid farewell to Cleveland via his Instagram account.
James loves the Hollywood lights, and with two homes in the Los Angeles area as well as a film production company, he has already established some roots in the land of movie stars and slow-moving traffic. Now he has to go through the Warriors and the Rockets in the Western Conference playoffs before the NBA Finals.
When Las Vegas sportsbooks like the Westgate SuperBook first posted odds for next season, the Lakers were installed with a 20-1 shot to win the National Basketball Association championship and those odds, or similar ones, held up until this weekend.
- Mascherano calls time on career after painful France defeat
- Aeroméxico Offers Discount Trips to Seoul to Celebrate World Cup Success
- ‘Abolish ICE!’ 575 arrested after protesters occupy US Senate building (PHOTOS, VIDEOS)
- Two-thirds of Americans oppose reversing Roe vs. Wade
- Sampaoli sure Argentina can find feet against France
- Canada hits back at US with $12.6 billion in retaliatory tariffs
- Now not the time to talk about my future, says Ronaldo
- Sanju BEATS PK to become director Rajkumar Hirani's biggest opener
- Cardin Dodges on Whether U.S. Should Abolish ICE
- Germany's early World Cup exit 'hurts so much' for Ozil