In a game like "Fortnite", where it's literally every player for themselves, this would be a massive advantage for the player or team of players who were able to launch the missile.
So how long will the new game mode be down and when can we expect it to be working again?
"We are holding the release until next week to continue hammering away this weekend", the company said.
Meanwhile Epic says it is still unable to resolve issues preventing the launch of the Playground LTM. The reason why Playground mode is so intriguing to players is because it's essentially a sandbox where you can build, explore, and practice fighting to your heart's content.
As of this writing, we have just under 24 hours until launch.
US Mideast peace plan to be announced soon: Kushner
Abbas cut communications with the Trump administration after it recognised Jerusalem as the capital of Israel in December 2017. The Islamic militant group Hamas that rules Gaza has led three months of protests that turned violent.
Based on the teases so far, Fortnite's next season to be heralded by the launch of rocket in the evil lair near Snobby Shores, and Epic wants to make sure you don't miss the occasion.
While Epic hasn't formally announced what will happen this Saturday, something else has been taking place on the island in recent days, and many Fortnite players suspect that the two are related. But now we know that whatever is going to happen is going to happen live.
Along with the sandbox-style Playground mode (which now remains offline while Epic irons out issues that cropped up shortly after it launched), this week's Fortnite: Battle Royale update marked the start of another limited-time event, Final Fight Teams of 12.
Epic developers took to reddit to explain what Fornite's latest LTM needs, and why it's proved such a strain on the server.
- A Strawberry Moon will sweeten up the night sky tonight
- Apple to release new AirPods, HomePod, over-ear headphones in 2019?
- Prince William kicks off busy day in Israel at Holocaust memorial
- Midfielder Matic Admits Brazil's Superiority Showed Against Serbia
- Aeroméxico Offers Discount Trips to Seoul to Celebrate World Cup Success
- A final good-bye: Toys R Us closes its doors forever
- Divided European Union leaders hold talks on migration
- Samsung has finally agreed to pay up for copying the iPhone
- Lakers reportedly aiming to have LeBron James team up with Chris Paul
- Canada hits back at US with $12.6 billion in retaliatory tariffs