A contract for Kawhi would almost guarantee an obligation from LeBron to sign with the Lakers as the the team intend on re-building a new powerhouse team with the two as well as the soon-to-be unrestricted free agent Paul George. When healthy, Leonard has proven to be one of the league's top players, and always seems capable of being in the conversation for the MVP award, which is why it really isn't a surprise to see all these teams expressing interest.
The Los Angeles Lakers are feeling the pressure to get a deal done for Kawhi Leonard.
Look, clearly it wasn't only this comment that made Leonard want to leave San Antonio. The Celtics even have a a horde of future draft picks they could move. Spurs teammates questioned the severity of the injury as Leonard's absence continued after the team had cleared him medically.
Gareth Southgate admits knives will be out if England lose to Colombia
"I think both sides are keen to continue that work at a faster pace than we have done up till now and certainly we would welcome that", she said today.
It is possible that James and George will head to Los Angeles as unrestricted free agents. However, Leonard will only reportedly sign a long-term deal with a Los Angeles team, either the Lakers or Clippers. The piece also goes on to talk about how Paul George to the Lakers is no longer a certainty.
The Cavaliers can re-sign James, but they don't have the salary-cap flexibility to sign other free agents in order to upgrade their roster. The Celtics were only one win away from making the NBA Finals as they lost to the Cleveland Cavaliers in the Eastern Conference Finals.
In his rookie season, Ball averaged 10.2 points, 7.2 assists and 6.9 rebounds per game, but the Spurs are reportedly all-in on their own young point guard, Dejounte Murray. League sources told ESPN that should that be the case, his ideal preference would be to make a swift decision on his next team in July. ESPN's Zach Lowe said Thursday on "The Jump" that "not enough people are considering" that James may, indeed, "come alone" to the Lakers.
- Two-thirds of Americans oppose reversing Roe vs. Wade
- ‘Abolish ICE!’ 575 arrested after protesters occupy US Senate building (PHOTOS, VIDEOS)
- Germany's early World Cup exit 'hurts so much' for Ozil
- Aeroméxico Offers Discount Trips to Seoul to Celebrate World Cup Success
- Trump gets new Supreme Court pick as critical 'swing vote' resigns
- Best Twitter reactions after South Korea knock Germany out
- Book award drops Laura Ingalls Wilder's name over her lack of 'inclusiveness'
- A Strawberry Moon will sweeten up the night sky tonight
- Mascherano calls time on career after painful France defeat
- Samsung has finally agreed to pay up for copying the iPhone